2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

For me, the embedded tweet/image pops in while I am still composing the message.  I know before I post whether the embed feature is working.

Exactly the same for me but only this time it is not doing it.

i thought maybe the change from twitter.com to x.com was causing this issue.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Exactly the same for me but only this time it is not doing it.

i thought maybe the change from twitter.com to x.com was causing this issue.

You know something, I almost think there was a setting I had to flip somewhere to allow embedded media after it stopped working for me a while (months) ago.

I can't quite remember what the deal was.  Might have been an extension I had running.

34 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I continue to like Haf in his interviews. He’s an intense but seemingly thoughtful and detailed guy. He does seem like he needs to breathe a little but that is probably to be expected from a younger guy in year one of a high profile, high stakes position.

The biggest take away is confirming that he and I feel the same about our defensive roster. We have loads of young and developing talent but also some really quality and talented vets layered at each level of the D. This is exactly how I would want it if I were to set up a defense that could take a huge jump and become a top flight unit. We’ll all see the quality of the scheme but I think we have some very good players there and some who could become very good or great. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

So straight from Steno. They have Morgan focused on RG for now.

Makes a lot of sense.  Both OT's are pretty much set.  Jenkins at LG and Meyers at C.  Only open spot left.  Rhyan is OK but hopefully Morgan will beat him out.  Pretty decent OL.  Not a lot of depth at OT tho.  Hopefully Morgan can also function as a swing tackle.  Otherwise I guess we could move Jenkins and slide Morgan over to LG.  Rhyan back to RG.  Just hope the line can stay healthy not alot of depth.  

1 hour ago, DWhitehurst said:

So we drafted an OG with supposed swing tackle utility. OK. Never was a fan of using a 1st round pick on Morgan, but hopefully he proves me wrong in time.

The key words you are glossing over are "this year". LT is potentially on the table even later this year, but RG was the position most up for grabs. If you are going to have normal rookie struggles it's easier to compensate than at LT. He still definitely has that level of raw ability, but this is the spot he has the best opportunity to be an upgrade day 1.

28 minutes ago, spilltray said:

The key words you are glossing over are "this year". LT is potentially on the table even later this year, but RG was the position most up for grabs. If you are going to have normal rookie struggles it's easier to compensate than at LT. He still definitely has that level of raw ability, but this is the spot he has the best opportunity to be an upgrade day 1.

I personally feel Walker looked very good at the end of last year and if he improves this year, we could be set for the next 10 years there. 

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

I personally feel Walker looked very good at the end of last year and if he improves this year, we could be set for the next 10 years there. 

I think he went from shaky early to serviceable by the end of the season. He's a guy who to me tops out at "solid". Morgan could be an actual top tier LT if he maximizes his potentia, but Walker is farther along. 

Next year everything could change 

33 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I think he went from shaky early to serviceable by the end of the season. He's a guy who to me tops out at "solid". Morgan could be an actual top tier LT if he maximizes his potentia, but Walker is farther along. 

Next year everything could change 

Next year everything almost certainly will change. Walker and Tom play well, they are both going to want long-term, big contracts. 

I hope Morgan proves he'd be ready to take over next year, but who knows. Morgan proves he's ready, you can move Walker, so we aren't paying both of them. If Walker is worthy of a bigish deal, maybe we get a pretty good draft pick for him in 2025. 

If Rhyan is still improving play him at RG. If he's not, go find a vet who can slot in at RG. Groom Morgan to play LT. 

Somewhat a good problem to have, but if our young talent keeps improving, no way we can pay them all. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Next year everything almost certainly will change. Walker and Tom play well, they are both going to want long-term, big contracts. 

I hope Morgan proves he'd be ready to take over next year, but who knows. Morgan proves he's ready, you can move Walker, so we aren't paying both of them. If Walker is worthy of a bigish deal, maybe we get a pretty good draft pick for him in 2025. 

If Rhyan is still improving play him at RG. If he's not, go find a vet who can slot in at RG. Groom Morgan to play LT. 

Somewhat a good problem to have, but if our young talent keeps improving, no way we can pay them all. 

Yup.  Better to have young players that improve and are worthy of 2nd contracts vs young players that suck and aren't worth a stale loaf of bread