2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Look how the Offensive Line stands on a field goal. They have negative splits, like crossed legs. The left guard's right foot is closer to the snapped ball than the Long Snappers left foot. You're not getting between there short of a colossal **** up. 

you also can't line up over his head, or touch him for 1 second. 

This is a non -issue

1 second isn't very long .. especially when the guy whacking you doesn't give a crap.  AND, colossal *** do happen.  Just as soon have ANY of my lineman a little heavier than 239 lbs.  Again, I hope the kid becomes the snapper, just would like to see him get a little bigger.

17 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

1 second isn't very long .. especially when the guy whacking you doesn't give a crap.  AND, colossal *** do happen.  Just as soon have ANY of my lineman a little heavier than 239 lbs.  Again, I hope the kid becomes the snapper, just would like to see him get a little bigger.

Curious, how heavy would be ideal for your LS?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

The Cowboys LS is 240lbs

The Eagles LS is 249lbs

The Giants LS is 250lbs

The Commands LS is 252lbs

The incumbent Packers LS is 243lbs

The Lions LS is 245lbs

The Vikings LS is 229lbs

The Bears have 2 LSs rostered at 225 and 226lbs. 

A 239lb LS is perfectly fine. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Cowboys LS is 240lbs

The Eagles LS is 249lbs

The Giants LS is 250lbs

The Commands LS is 252lbs

The incumbent Packers LS is 243lbs

The Lions LS is 245lbs

The Vikings LS is 229lbs

The Bears have 2 LSs rostered at 225 and 226lbs. 

A 239lb LS is perfectly fine. 

LOL ... I give ... his weight is fine.  How about getting stronger?!  LOL

22 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL ... I give ... his weight is fine.  How about getting stronger?!  LOL

Is the ball striking the holder where his fingers meet his palm on his right hand?

Is the ball getting back to the holder in 0.65 seconds or less?

Is it rotating 2.5 times in that .65 seconds? 

+++

That's literally all that matters. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is the ball striking the holder where his fingers meet his palm on his right hand?

Is the ball getting back to the holder in 0.65 seconds or less?

Is it rotating 2.5 times in that .65 seconds? 

+++

That's literally all that matters. 

Dude.....the body is still warm from this yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I feel like you're ******* with me here. 

Your LS has to have a semblance of some anchor. We're talking common sense here. Has nothing to do with weight, but feel like you're ignoring the fact that your *** can be put on skates to the punter.

• Like 1

You have to remember that it is illegal for a long snapper to be touched until a second after the ball is hiked. Sure, it'll be nice if he can block but if the snap and punter are good, the LS will not be the cause of a blocked punt.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Your LS has to have a semblance of some anchor. We're talking common sense here. Has nothing to do with weight, but feel like you're ignoring the fact that your *** can be put on skates to the punter.

Sure, but in the vast majority of instances, the **** ends up in a scrum with everybody pushed together and the scrum gets moved back pretty quickly, but not near fast enough to really bother the punter. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, but in the vast majority of instances, the **** ends up in a scrum with everybody pushed together and the scrum gets moved back pretty quickly, but not near fast enough to really bother the punter. 

Problem being though, just as the 49er game .. it only takes once to screw a season.  Majority is nice until it isn't.

Walter Stanley on his son:

“The thing is, he’s probably just as good, maybe even a little bit better, than I am,” Walter said. “Every time he touched the ball, it was lights out. He was almost taking every punt to the house. He just didn’t get a chance to do it. He’s really dangerous back there. …

“I don’t say that just because he’s my kid. He’ll tell you (that) I’ve always been honest with him and spoke the truth about what I see, what he’s really good at and things that he may not be as good at. One thing I will say, he’s a really, really good punt returner. I’m talking about he’d be one of the best punt returners out there. He makes things happen.”

5 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Problem being though, just as the 49er game .. it only takes once to screw a season.  Majority is nice until it isn't.

3 punts were blocked last year. 

This conversation is moronic. 

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Dude.....the body is still warm from this yet.

If Black did his job there is no blocked punt, that isn't on the LS. 

• Like 1