Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I'd have to watch a lot more of Donald before I could come to that conclusion.  Randle had a motor like I've never seen before or since.  He's my favorite player of all-time, as he never quit.  They are comparable in size, but Randle was top-shelf with his hands and he proved he could play anywhere along the line, as later in his career, they were moving him from snap to snap in different places to confuse the offense, from inside to outside, left to right.   

Was Randle ever considered the best defensive player in the game? Genuinely asking and if so for how long?

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Was Randle ever considered the best defensive player in the game? Genuinely asking and if so for how long?

Since he played in MN, no...but, he was 6-time 1st team All-Pro.  Since he played DT, he was often overshadowed by the likes of Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Derrick Thomas, et al.  But, he, arguably, is the best 4-3 DT in the history of the NFL, as there is no one else with more sacks than him from that position.  

24 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think Randle was ever as big as Donald is. Randle started his career in the 240s. I doubt he left the 270s at any point.

Thought Randle played in the 280s, maybe at the end of his career. Kind of odd, seems like OL have gotten smaller and more athletic since the 90s.

Everson Griffen was playing with plantar fasciitis that he got during the Browns game. Did notice rewatching the game something is still bothering him on the lower half of the body. Something just isn't right with him.

Winning this game and somehow securing the #2 seed would be nice for players like this to sit and try and heal. Usually plantar fasciitis takes about 2 weeks to heal fully.

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

Since he played in MN, no...but, he was 6-time 1st team All-Pro.  Since he played DT, he was often overshadowed by the likes of Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Derrick Thomas, et al.  But, he, arguably, is the best 4-3 DT in the history of the NFL, as there is no one else with more sacks than him from that position.  

Randle was great...no question.  However, I'm not sure he's even the greatest DT in Vikings history!  A fellow by the name of Alan Page might be in the running as the greatest of all time.

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Randle was great...no question.  However, I'm not sure he's even the greatest DT in Vikings history!  A fellow by the name of Alan Page might be in the running as the greatest of all time.

True...it would be interesting to know, though, whether Page would have even played DT in today's NFL, or if he would have been moved to DE or LB.  ;)

Archived