Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

22 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Only upsetting this is, this is the only game I will be able to make it to this year & Rodgers won't be playing.

Going to away games against a team with a losing record, out of the playoffs, and their starting QB isn't playing there won't be much of a crowd.

Usually their is a fair amount of purple there anyway, expect to see a lot this game.

Only real worry is the only jersey I own that is a current Viking is a Barr jersey, may have to think twice about wearing that.

That's actually pretty funny!

No excuse to lose this game. None.

9 minutes ago, milanb said:

I would take Kevin Williams over Randle or Millard 100% of the time.

That's even more blasphemous.  K-Will is probably 3rd in that order.  He didn't have nearly the impact on the line that either one of them.  He was a great player, but Phat Pat made that line click moreso than K-Will did.  I would have loved to see what K-Will would have done in a Zimmer defense in his prime, though.  

Maybe I am biased, but considering what a sad sack of a defense they had under Denny, Randle's impact on it to make it respectable was undeniable.  Him, along with Robert Griffith and Ed McDaniel were all they had on defense in '98.

6 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Maybe I am biased, but considering what a sad sack of a defense they had under Denny, Randle's impact on it to make it respectable was undeniable.  Him, along with Robert Griffith and Ed McDaniel were all they had on defense in '98.

How do you forget about the all time greats Orlando Thomas and Dwayne Rudd!

As is typical for a Lambeau Field matchup in December, the weather could have an impact on Saturday’s game. Weather.com on Monday afternoon forecasted the low for Saturday night’s temperature in Green Bay to be 1 degree Fahrenheit.  Zimmer said the frigid temps could dictate a bigger emphasis on the run game but that the passing game is usually more affected by wind than by cold. The head coach considers harsh weather no differently than needing to make adjustments based on an offensive or defensive look he gets from an opposing team.

Zimmer: “Field conditions, a lot of those things will come into factor. You can throw the ball in the cold. It’s just sometimes the wind and crosswinds affect it a little bit more. It’s like everything else, you go in a game and you prepare for these things. As you get there, you might have to change some of the combination routes you’re running because of the wind. You might have to change some of the defenses you’re playing because of the conditions that you’re playing in. It’s a part of adjusting during the game.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Presser-Points-Zimmer-Lists-3-Reasons-Why-He-Expects-Vikings-Full-Focus/1c26b561-d1f8-40e5-99a4-e9858d8a5f16?sf176705528=1

This is a huge game for the Vikes . . . why?  Vikes need to stay one game ahead of the Saints and Panthers.  Should the Saints lose one and the Panthers win out, the Panthers grab the NFC South.  If the Vikes and Panthers both finish 12-4 . . . so much for a bye and home-field.  Should all three, plus the Rams finish with equal records?  what a tie-breaker mess!  So, let's just avoid that . . . lol.

Green Bay's allowing 116 yards per game on the ground, so hopefully, we can establish the run early and hit some nice play action passes.  If the Vikes can get into the end zone a couple times in the first half, and take care of the football, I'll feel pretty good about them getting the victory.

Archived