Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

Can I just say that I think it's pretty shady that we've played AT Green Bay in the final two weeks each of the last three seasons.  Am I missing something within the NFL's scheduling rules/patterns that calls for that to happen?  I would think that with divisional opponents that it would kinda get switched up every year to create some sort of equal competition.  I probably sound like a conspiracy theorist on this one but that just screams the NFL giving one of their Golden Boys an extra advantage.

19 minutes ago, fin156 said:

Can I just say that I think it's pretty shady that we've played AT Green Bay in the final two weeks each of the last three seasons.  Am I missing something within the NFL's scheduling rules/patterns that calls for that to happen?  I would think that with divisional opponents that it would kinda get switched up every year to create some sort of equal competition.  I probably sound like a conspiracy theorist on this one but that just screams the NFL giving one of their Golden Boys an extra advantage.

I think the NFL loves to play the cold weather, rivalry game angle here. Would be nice to get GB to come to MN at the end of the year.

50 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we played well enough at The Bank in that December playoff game at 12 degrees or whatever.

You mean this game?

Just prior to the noon (CT) kickoff, the temperature was minus-6 degrees Fahrenheit, and the wind chill was calculated at minus-25. Sunday's game was the coldest in Vikings history and the third-coldest (in wind chill; tied for third in air temp) game in NFL history.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Seahawks-Battle-Through-3rd-Coldest-Game-in-NFL-History/98d9e43c-18cf-4b37-9cdf-bd426d5385c7

4 hours ago, fin156 said:

They always stack a chunk of division games towards the last few weeks of the season. Usually two in the last two weeks. Then one division series is usually over much by around Thanksgiving. I don't remember when that started, but it was fairly recently. Helps create a bit of drama in the playoff picture down the stretch.

The Vikings have played both Chicago and Green Bay within the last three weeks of the season each of the last three years (counting 2017). In 2014 it was Chicago and Detroit, with Green Bay done by Thanksgiving weekend.

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

They always stack a chunk of division games towards the last few weeks of the season. Usually two in the last two weeks. Then one division series is usually over much by around Thanksgiving. I don't remember when that started, but it was fairly recently. Helps create a bit of drama in the playoff picture down the stretch.

The Vikings have played both Chicago and Green Bay within the last three weeks of the season each of the last three years (counting 2017). In 2014 it was Chicago and Detroit, with Green Bay done by Thanksgiving weekend.

Understandable, but it’s odd that we’re, seemingly, always at Green Bay late in the year. 

14 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

This is a huge game for the Vikes . . . why?  Vikes need to stay one game ahead of the Saints and Panthers.  Should the Saints lose one and the Panthers win out, the Panthers grab the NFC South.  If the Vikes and Panthers both finish 12-4 . . . so much for a bye and home-field.  Should all three, plus the Rams finish with equal records?  what a tie-breaker mess!  So, let's just avoid that . . . lol.

If the Rams, Vikings, and Panthers tie, the Vikings get the bye due to conference record...it's not a mess.  

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Understandable, but it’s odd that we’re, seemingly, always at Green Bay late in the year. 

It could be scheduling at the Vikings' stadium that possibly causes that issue, and not necessarily a conspiracy.  Obviously, there are going to be a lot more things scheduled at a multi-purpose venue than one that's solely used for football.  

Archived