Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

40 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

It’ll be a tighter game. As u mentioned, its an inter-divisional rival, frigid conditions, and at Lambeau field. We should win though even if it’s not a blow out. 

Seems like this is just Packer PTSD, and we are all potential victims. They aren't any more talented than the Bengals or any of the other bottom 10 teams that we have destroyed. Anything other than a double digit victory would concern me a bit.

15 hours ago, fin156 said:

Can I just say that I think it's pretty shady that we've played AT Green Bay in the final two weeks each of the last three seasons.  Am I missing something within the NFL's scheduling rules/patterns that calls for that to happen?  I would think that with divisional opponents that it would kinda get switched up every year to create some sort of equal competition.  I probably sound like a conspiracy theorist on this one but that just screams the NFL giving one of their Golden Boys an extra advantage.

Is it shady that the Packers had to play at Detroit to end the year the last 2 years? Is it shady that the Packers had to open the Vikings and Falcons new stadiums the last 2 years? I don't think the league has it out for GB, but they sure aren't handing them huge breaks like you seem to think they are.

1 hour ago, golf333333 said:

Anything other than a double digit victory would concern me a bit.

the bad weather might dampen down the scoring. could be a lot of punts and the occasional missed block that creates a big gaining play.

hopefully Murray grinds yards on them.

58 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Also, this will be at least a 20 point victory for the Vikings. Honestly, if the Vikings are going to win, please hang like 45 on us. Drive a dagger right through the heart of Dom Capers coaching career please.

That would be pleasing.  The last time the Vikings beat the Packers by 20+ was 2001, but that was at home.  At Lambeau?  You have to go back to 1986 when the Packers' HC was Forrest Gregg and the Packers' QB was Randy Wright (Who the hell is that?) in a game that Vikings' K Chuck Nelson missed 2 XPs (how would we have reacted to that?).  

Edit:  On another note, I have no idea who Randy Wright is, but his backups were far more notable to me...Vince Ferragamo (long-time Rams QB) and Chuck Fusina, who was a big-time USFL QB under Jim Mora.  

15 minutes ago, disaacs said:

That would be pleasing.  The last time the Vikings beat the Packers by 20+ was 2001, but that was at home.  At Lambeau?  You have to go back to 1986 when the Packers' HC was Forrest Gregg and the Packers' QB was Randy Wright (Who the hell is that?) in a game that Vikings' K Chuck Nelson missed 2 XPs (how would we have reacted to that?).  

Edit:  On another note, I have no idea who Randy Wright is, but his backups were far more notable to me...Vince Ferragamo (long-time Rams QB) and Chuck Fusina, who was a big-time USFL QB under Jim Mora.  

Don Majowski was the first Packers QB I remember. (The Magic Man)

1 hour ago, golf333333 said:

Seems like this is just Packer PTSD, and we are all potential victims. They aren't any more talented than the Bengals or any of the other bottom 10 teams that we have destroyed. Anything other than a double digit victory would concern me a bit.

You look up and down that roster, it's amazing how little high end talent they have compared to MN. Sure they have Rodgers, but you can't even say that he's holding back the Packers ability to build a team. Bradford and Keenum combined made more than him in 2017.

MN has better RBs, better WRs, OL is probably a push, MN kills GBs DL, LB and DB groupings.

only thing going for GB is that it's a divisional home game. 

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

You look up and down that roster, it's amazing how little high end talent they have compared to MN. Sure they have Rodgers, but you can't even say that he's holding back the Packers ability to build a team. Bradford and Keenum combined made more than him in 2017.

MN has better RBs, better WRs, OL is probably a push, MN kills GBs DL, LB and DB groupings.

only thing going for GB is that it's a divisional home game. 

It's what I've been saying forever...McCarthy and Rodgers have covered up such a lack of talent for years.  It's actually a rather commendable job by McCarthy for managing a trainwreck of talent put together by Ted.  

Archived