Who are your three favorite prospects for the upcoming draft?

Elusive_Tiger

12 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

His stock is going to skyrocket after the combine. A lot like Cory Coleman who was seen as a R2 pick entering the true draft season but ended up going quite high.

The key for Washington will be his agility numbers and how he looks in drills. I want to see how effective he can be dropping his hips and making lateral cuts. He's got a problematic high-cut build and made his living running in a straight line. If he ends up measuring 5'11" with average length and struggles moving laterally I can't see him going on the first day. Corey Coleman didn't do a 3-cone - we probably know why - and he looked a lot more smooth laterally on tape than Washington does. I've always wondered if the Browns passed on Coleman where he would have gone. 

15 hours ago, Epyon said:

1. Sequon Barkley-RB

2. Calvin Ridley-WR

Are my top 2 favorites offensively...

As for a third, I wouldn't call either a "favorite", but I find Arden Tate-WR and Jaleel Scott-WR to be 2 of the more interesting prospects I've watched.... Don't think I could crown either as a "favorite" without seeing their combines though, unlike the first two guys I listed.

You spelled Barkley and Tate's first names wrong. Come on man!

27 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

The key for Washington will be his agility numbers and how he looks in drills. I want to see how effective he can be dropping his hips and making lateral cuts. He's got a problematic high-cut build and made his living running in a straight line. If he ends up measuring 5'11" with average length and struggles moving laterally I can't see him going on the first day.

I assumed his height would be around 6'1. Do you know something different to suggest he's under 6'0?

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I assumed his height would be around 6'1. Do you know something different to suggest he's under 6'0?

He doesn't look 6'1" on tape. NFLDS lists him at 6'0". Their team website lists him at 6'0". I've heard NFL quotes speculating he is between 5'11"-6'0". But Oklahoma State isn't a school that fudges size. Their WR last year, Seales was listed by them at 6'0", measured 6'0 5/8" and thus got bumped up to 6'1" during the draft process. Anything is possible. 

31 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

He doesn't look 6'1" on tape. NFLDS lists him at 6'0". Their team website lists him at 6'0". I've heard NFL quotes speculating he is between 5'11"-6'0". But Oklahoma State isn't a school that fudges size. Their WR last year, Seales was listed by them at 6'0", measured 6'0 5/8" and thus got bumped up to 6'1" during the draft process. Anything is possible. 

That's why I was curious as OK State is usually pretty accurate. They have listed him at 6'1 on their official site (last year) and then bumped him down to 6'0. 

8 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

You spelled Barkley and Tate's first names wrong. Come on man!

8 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Walterfootball is that you!?

xD to be fair.... I made the mistake of watching Arden Key's tape the same day I watched Auden Tate's.....and tend to be impressively poor with remembering similar sounding first names... You should have seen the time back in college when I met two girl-friends named Kari and Kara within 10 seconds of one another...The red headed one, was a genuinely nice girl who had a thing for me and I managed to make it to a third date before she caught on that I was calling her "Care" because I still couldn't remember which was Kari and which Kara (and still don't over a decade later).... The struggle can be pretty real sometimes.

As for "Saquon".... I foresee me misspelling that one at least 3 more times before the draft comes....Even so, I'm positively dreading digging into the tape on some of the OLB prospects.... "Sione Teuhema", "Uchenna Nwosu", and "Ogbonnia Okoronkwo"... because those are only going to be correct if I copy/paste them from elsewhere.

Regardless, thanks for the correction =)

On 12/18/2017 at 10:33 AM, Elusive_Tiger said:

To preface, admittedly my favorite positions to scout are CB and WR besides QB.

1. WR Antonio Callaway, Florida (without the off field issues)
  2. CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville
  3. OT Brian O'Neill, Pittsburgh

Honorable mention: OG Braden Smith and WR Auden Tate

Haha might as well separate the Force and Luke Skywalker. 

The 3 I followed the most the last couple seasons:

1.  Sam Hubbard - I think he'll be a TJ Watt 2.0 if drafted into a 34.  He has the length, motor and athleticism.  He just hesitates too long and isn't aggressive enough.  I think part of that is being assignment-sound and not being a head hunter.  Playing team defense.  He's obviously a smart player and disciplined.

2.  The Outlaw Josey Jewell - I love how he plays, but I wonder if he lacks the speed to cover in the NFL.  I think he can at least be a 2 down guy and possibly a 3 down.  He's certainly better than someone like Ben Gedeon, who is in that sort of situation now (plays in base D but comes off the field when they go to the oft-used nickel package).  

3.  Isaiah Oliver - He seems to have the best of the CU CBs that got drafted last year, with none of the weaknesses.  Awuzie lacked the elite speed even if he timed at 4.4.  Witherspoon lacked the strength and physicality, even if he was 6'3".  Oliver seems to have the physique in between the 2, elite speed, and good cover ability.  

I watched Mike McGlinchey a lot last year and I liked what I saw, but didn't watch ND much this year.  

Archived