2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're too busy taking care of Aaron Rodgers.  After all, they already sold their soul to him.

They traded out with MN. Think this is where JJ lands.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Vikings have to trade up one spot to stop someone behind them from doing so. Joe Douglas finally had the leverage.

This is winning FF forum so far tonight

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Vikings have to trade up one spot to stop someone behind them from doing so. Joe Douglas finally had the leverage.

0aa64531-6ad0-40cc-bf93-40a83535af78_tex

Well done. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I like the idea of letting any QB sit, watch and learn for at least a year. I just wouldn't have gone with the 24-year-old QB. I would have taken the 21-year-old. 

It just shocks me that other organizations have not followed the Packers model. 

I don't have issues with the concept, but you're taking an OLD QB with substantial injury concerns to sit behind an old QB coming off a significant injury that I have issues with.  Like you said, McCarthy seems like the more logical fit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

QB after QB is now playing late into their 30's and even early 40's now.   He's going to have 10-12 good years at least even if he sits for 2

But history tells us most "older" rookie QB's do not pan out. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Cousins is pretty dependable though, he rarely bottoms out for more than one game in a row. 

Yeah, and with all the money they just paid him I highly doubt they're just going to throw Penix into the fire right away.

I truly believe the Titans are the ones who are going to be sorry they didn't get a QB as their current QB room is garbage.  They'll be lucky to win 4 games this year as Houston and Jacksonville are going to just run over them and even the Colts have more upside than they do.

And Jets possibly should have made a move for a succession plan for Rodgers.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I don't have issues with the concept, but you're taking an OLD QB with substantial injury concerns to sit behind an old QB coming off a significant injury that I have issues with.  Like you said, McCarthy seems like the more logical fit.

If the team evaluates Penix as the better QB why take McCarthy solely over age?    

Just now, Tperk said:

Seems like alot for MN to move up one spot. 4th and a 5th and get back a 6th.

Not really.  Pretty easy deal to make to ensure they get their QB.  Imagine not walking away with one of the top 5 QBs.

• Like 1