2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

If we take a DB in round 1, will be interesting if it alters our DB plans later. Like Dejean makes Bullard and DTD's skillset redundant and would probably lead us to be better suited to take Hicks or Bishop. Kool-Aid goes first and it would be nice to target a S/nickel like Bullard or DTD.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

@Leader you know I love you but I must tag you and draw your attention to the NO SPOILERS

It gets said every year, but please let us have our fun!

No. You cant have any fun.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Honestly I'd be torn about passing on Verse for DeJean here. First world problems either way.

That was my first reaction too.   I think the age difference settles it for me, but Verse would be a fun player to throw in that room.  Verse will be 24 in November, DeJean plays the whole season at 21.

I think I'm a lot higher on Wiggins than most on this board too, although I do have him behind DeJean

Edited by Kampfgeist

McGinn’s scouts on Marshawn Kneeland: 

Redshirted in 2019 before starting 23 of 37 games from 2020-’23. “He’s not a great athlete by any means but he’s got outstanding motor,” one scout said. “He’s a better athlete than the Missouri kid (Darius Robinson) but he’s not nearly as powerful or big. The relentlessness he plays with will allow him to succeed. For 4-3 teams he definitely has the size to play with his hand on the ground. For 3-4 teams they probably can live with his athleticism. The Senior Bowl stuff was good enough. His tape wasn’t as good as Maxx Crosby’s coming out but after watching him against similar schools (in the Mid-American Conference) it had a little bit of that feel even though they have a different style of play. Mostly because of the motor and the constant disruption.” His 4.18 short shuttle led the position. “He could be an (NFL) starter,” said a second scout. “Love his bull rush. He played well against Iowa, Syracuse, Mississippi State. He took over the game against Eastern Michigan, for whatever that’s worth. Just blows **** up.” Lightly recruited out of west Michigan, he finished with 149 tackles (28 for loss) and 13 sacks. Arms were 34 ½, hands were 9 1/8. “His run game stuff stuck out,” said a third scout. “Strong edge-setter. Plays with his hair on fire. Chases the football. Very good physicality. He's a good enough rusher where he can give you something on third down. You don’t want to draft base (defense) guys. This guy’s going to be a hell of a run player knocking people back.”

Out of all the mocks that I did over the last 4 weeks or so, I feel that unless I drafted an OL or CB at 25, I was chasing picks the rest of the draft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

McGinn’s scouts on Marshawn Kneeland: 

Redshirted in 2019 before starting 23 of 37 games from 2020-’23. “He’s not a great athlete by any means but he’s got outstanding motor,” one scout said. “He’s a better athlete than the Missouri kid (Darius Robinson) but he’s not nearly as powerful or big. The relentlessness he plays with will allow him to succeed. For 4-3 teams he definitely has the size to play with his hand on the ground. For 3-4 teams they probably can live with his athleticism. The Senior Bowl stuff was good enough. His tape wasn’t as good as Maxx Crosby’s coming out but after watching him against similar schools (in the Mid-American Conference) it had a little bit of that feel even though they have a different style of play. Mostly because of the motor and the constant disruption.” His 4.18 short shuttle led the position. “He could be an (NFL) starter,” said a second scout. “Love his bull rush. He played well against Iowa, Syracuse, Mississippi State. He took over the game against Eastern Michigan, for whatever that’s worth. Just blows **** up.” Lightly recruited out of west Michigan, he finished with 149 tackles (28 for loss) and 13 sacks. Arms were 34 ½, hands were 9 1/8. “His run game stuff stuck out,” said a third scout. “Strong edge-setter. Plays with his hair on fire. Chases the football. Very good physicality. He's a good enough rusher where he can give you something on third down. You don’t want to draft base (defense) guys. This guy’s going to be a hell of a run player knocking people back.”

I’m not smart enough to grind tape, but his highlights are VERY fun 

• Like 1