2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

So you won't answer.  Got it.

@Mazrimiv I absolutely do not think GB has a WR on the roster who will ever be considered a top 10 WR in the NFL, to make it clear for you. Watson is the only ony with the chance imo, and I don't think he will hit his ceiling. 

Guyton is the dream. But feeling trade down and Rakestraw is the 1st pick. 

Happy it's finally (almost) here. Can't wait to put my green goggs on for whomever we end up with.

Woodens apparently up to 290. I think that we're just ruining anything he was good at. But we'll see I guess. 

Edited by HighCalebR

12 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

The only thing that’s driving me nuts is that my biggest draft crush keeps being mocked to the cowboys at pick 24 😫

Yeah but beating the Boys was way more satisfying than picking before them in the draft. There are still so many ways things could break tomorrow and I believe most importantly, on day 2. Other teams will get some good players but as long as we get ours, this Packers team will be a force this year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tperk said:

Out of all the mocks that I did over the last 4 weeks or so, I feel that unless I drafted an OL or CB at 25, I was chasing picks the rest of the draft. 

I'm always chasing a position in every draft..............but that is because in this one I try to get an IOL, OT, S, ILB, CB, slot CB, RB. 7 'needs' and at least one always misses out.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Even aside from thinking about which players he picks, I'm just intrigued to see how it all plays out with Gutekunst wanting to "move around the board", whether it be the trade ups or the trade downs... Not to mention if/how he will manage to end up with 13 to 14 picks. Enjoy the Roller Coaster ride. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Want most at 25: Barton or DeJean

Want least: Chop

Would trade up for: Mims (only a couple spots though)

Would trade down and hope to get: Kool-Aid or Morgan 

blasphemy! 

5 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I've decided I don't want to trade up tomorrow simply because having 4 picks on Friday will be fun as hell

Id like to see a surprise trade up with a player and pick package.

This team is young and talented with significant improvement anticipated from those presently on the roster. IMO, every 2024 pick should be traded for 2025 selections cumulatively one round higher in value. Let's threaten 20 selections in the 2025 draft, and double and even triple up in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds next year, whilst clearing the path for valuable reps and playing time for the rising talent already in the cupboard. We'll develop the current core and then lock in a dynasty for the next decade. You're welcome.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This team is young and talented with significant improvement anticipated from those presently on the roster. IMO, every 2024 pick should be traded for 2025 selections cumulatively one round higher in value. Let's threaten 20 selections in the 2025 draft, and double and even triple up in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds next year, whilst clearing the path for valuable reps and playing time for the rising talent already in the cupboard. We'll develop the current core and then lock in a dynasty for the next decade. You're welcome.

Okay now we are talkin strategy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Too much caffeine this morning?