2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't recall that at all, Bulaga was a pipe dream, mocked top 15 regularly. Would be like Arnold or Quinyon falling in our laps tonight.

Yeah, I remember Bulaga as a "there is no way he is falling to GB" pick.

• Like 1

Now that the day has finally arrived, we see what the media guys actually think in their final mock drafts.

Jeremiah, Prisco, Schrager and Brugler all have DeJean going to GB at 25.

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Please, no DeJean!  The Iowa scheme doesn't lend itself to good outside corners in the NFL.  He also can't turn and run and will be destroyed by anyone with a semblance of route running and speed.  Though, Justin Jefferson may be sidelined because of an erection lasting more than 4 hours.  He moves like Micah Hyde, just watch.  And if you remember Micah Hyde, he stunk on ice for the Packers.  

You don't draft DeJean to have his back to the QB often. Same as Woodson. Same with Hyde actually. Hyde is an outstanding football player, we used him incorrectly...

• Like 6

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You don't draft DeJean to have his back to the QB often. Same as Woodson. Same with Hyde actually. Hyde is an outstanding football player, we used him incorrectly...

Agree with this, DeJean needs to be used with everything in front of him.  Jumping routes, reading the receivers.  I think he'd be good at handling TEs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's blinded by bias

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you are referring the Charles Woodson, then how about no! When he came out of college, he could play any way you wanted at CB. He was an absolute stud. Was he better when he could sit back, read and react, yes. But he could lock guys down. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

If you are referring the Charles Woodson, then how about no! When he came out of college, he could play any way you wanted at CB. He was an absolute stud. Was he better when he could sit back, read and react, yes. But he could lock guys down. 

Not the point. You are wasting Woodson's gifts having him be a man corner. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I’m with you on this one. Woodson is in the HoF because he could do it all, and maintained it for so long. Hyde was a solid football player but was a very good one when used correctly. Wood was a killer in any system and had the rare combination of great instincts, understanding of the game, toughness and elite athleticism. DeJean might be a bit of a mid ground between those two players but very few will ever play at the level and have the career Woodson did. I think in the right role, the kid from Iowa could be a very real impact player and also contribute on ST early on. Wouldn’t be unhappy if that’s how it shakes out later today. 

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree with this, DeJean needs to be used with everything in front of him.  Jumping routes, reading the receivers.  I think he'd be good at handling TEs.

Maybe we are finally getting our chess piece!

lol.

Woodson played 8 years in Oakland. He had 17 interceptions. Two defensive touchdowns.

Woodson played 7 seasons in Green Bay. He had 38 interceptions. 9 defensive touchdowns.

GTFOOH if you’re going to try to argue players don’t have completely different careers if they’re used incorrectly versus correctly.

Woodson doesn’t go to the Hall of Fame if he doesn’t go to Green Bay.

Use DeJean correctly and he’s having a good NFL career (not comparing the players).

• Like 5