2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

Just wanted to throw something i noticed out there before the draft since we always like to look at players who fit certain metrics to see who we might draft.

Keep a close eye on the 10 yard splits for the guys we draft this year. Not sure if it's a thing worth noting going forward but it might be...

12 of our 13 picks last year scored as elite.

18 out of 22 picks the last two years scored as elite.

10 out of 10 picks the last two years in rounds 1-4 scored as elite.

It'll at least be interesting to see if that continues. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't recall that at all, Bulaga was a pipe dream, mocked top 15 regularly. Would be like Arnold or Quinyon falling in our laps tonight.

people REALLY wanted Dez over Bulaga though.

I feel like GB almost always drafts in the first round for need, outside of QB.  Going back to Damarious Randall we have picked at positions of need.  Maybe you could argue Gary/LVN aren't need but I think they view Edge3 as a starting spot close to nickle.

Savage, Jaire, Quay, kevin king, Kenny Clark, all of our first are/were at need spots except technically Love.

We aren't making picks like the eagles drafting rush DTs year after year even into deep rooms.  Either we have an aging vet or a huge hole.

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Question to anybody: How does DeJean compare to Harrison Smith?

both are white dbs.

But Smith is/was a deep space safety like a not quite earl thomas.  Think Dejean is more playmaker nearer to the ball.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Just wanted to throw something i noticed out there before the draft since we always like to look at players who fit certain metrics to see who we might draft.

Keep a close eye on the 10 yard splits for the guys we draft this year. Not sure if it's a thing worth noting going forward but it might be...

12 of our 13 picks last year scored as elite.

18 out of 22 picks the last two years scored as elite.

10 out of 10 picks the last two years in rounds 1-4 scored as elite.

It'll at least be interesting to see if that continues. 

10yd split is always something I pay close attention to. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Better compared to the absolute or better relative to the rest of the NFL?"

with the capital they have it should be the latter.

good to remember this though:

18 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

Maybe AJ Hawk or BJ Raji?

Raji was pretty much a slam dunk consensus - this is who we want and this is who we gonna take.  There were some vernon davis truthers though

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I can only assume his posts are the DeJean version of the "Watson has done NOTHING" thread.

Watson was overhyped then and still overhyped now.  100%.  There are very few WR's who have entered the league with that much talent and done so little.  green

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Raji was pretty much a slam dunk consensus - this is who we want and this is who we gonna take.

I thought Crabtree was far and away the forum favorite that year IIRC. 

I have such a hard time believing any forum was more stoked about a NT than a record breaking reciever.

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I have such a hard time believing any forum was more stoked about a NT than a record breaking reciever.

you're right i'm mixing up crabtree with vernon davis (who was the aj hawk year)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I just recall a lot of people on the Raji train.  Plus we had jennings and Driver and Jones and Jordy - I think people were generally happy with the WR group.

Bill parcells planet theory, etc.

8 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I just recall a lot of people on the Raji train.  Plus we had jennings and Driver and Jones and Jordy - I think people were generally happy with the WR group.

Bill parcells planet theory, etc.

I was big on the Raji train. One of my favorite picks at the time of the pick since I followed the draft.