2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

Jennifer Kirton -  DeJean going at 25 in all the final mocks makes sense in light of Field Yates  comment last week that a lot of the league sees him as a safety. That said… if he’s there and Gute picks someone else there are going to be some TANTRUMS on here.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jennifer Kirton -  DeJean going at 25 in all the final mocks makes sense in light of Field Yates  comment last week that a lot of the league sees him as a safety. That said… if he’s there and Gute picks someone else there are going to be some TANTRUMS on here.

It's just too obvious at this point. Already moved on from that dream

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've said this before but I think Gutey's trend has been more of a true "BPA/BVA" pick in round 1. On Day 2, we typically see him marry "BPA" with "Need" a bit more. 

GB also looks at "need" a year out vs just upcoming year.  DL room looks good now, but with Clark and Slaton on the last year of contract, DL becomes a sneaky position for a high pick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

It's been awhile, the last chalk pick we had was HHCD, everyone wanted him and we got him. LVN was completely unsurprising, but people really wanted JSN. DeJean is far and away chalk this year.

The last one I remember absolutely everyone getting--media, fans, then GM--was Bulaga. I remember some divided opinions on HHCD.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's been awhile, the last chalk pick we had was HHCD, everyone wanted him and we got him. LVN was completely unsurprising, but people really wanted JSN. DeJean is far and away chalk this year.

"the last chalk pick?"

1 minute ago, Smidgeon said:

The last one I remember absolutely everyone getting--media, fans, then GM--was Bulaga. I remember some divided opinions on HHCD.

I don't recall that at all, Bulaga was a pipe dream, mocked top 15 regularly. Would be like Arnold or Quinyon falling in our laps tonight.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's a few mocks out there with DeJean getting past the Packers,  but not many.

Edited by NFLGURU

Please, no DeJean!  The Iowa scheme doesn't lend itself to good outside corners in the NFL.  He also can't turn and run and will be destroyed by anyone with a semblance of route running and speed.  Though, Justin Jefferson may be sidelined because of an erection lasting more than 4 hours.  He moves like Micah Hyde, just watch.  And if you remember Micah Hyde, he stunk on ice for the Packers.  

5 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

The only thing I remember about HHCD was the debate of whether he would be there or not.  It was seen as a perfect fit.  I believe Bulaga was the same exact thing.  

My favorite draft was the Aaron Rodgers draft. Mostly because once Tennessee past on a quarterback, I knew we were getting him. Next favorite draft was Jordan Love. Only because I knew it was time to get a quarterback in the building to learn. He seemed like the guy who might be there when it was our turn. Rodgers had become such a **** (see Brett Favre) at that point in his career. It was time to develop the next quarterback. 

I seldom get the Packers first pick correct, except Tony Mandarich and the whole world knew we were taking the chemical freak. Odds are greatly stacked against me getting it right this time, but I want Chop Robinson. We don't have one like him and you can never have enough pass rushers. 

I'm also glad we are picking ahead of Baltimore. They seem to always take the guy I want ahead of us. Unless they jump ahead of us this year, that won't happen. One of my favorite days of the year. 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Please, no DeJean!  The Iowa scheme doesn't lend itself to good outside corners in the NFL.  He also can't turn and run and will be destroyed by anyone with a semblance of route running and speed.  Though, Justin Jefferson may be sidelined because of an erection lasting more than 4 hours.  He moves like Micah Hyde, just watch.  And if you remember Micah Hyde, he stunk on ice for the Packers.  

He's not a corner at the next level.  Good football player,  I won't be disappointed in DeJean, you just have to know what you are getting. It's the 25th pick.