2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'm not a big fan of drafting a player to play a position he didn't play in college. I believe DeJean was a CB in college, but there seems to be a genuine doubt that he could play CB 

Not knowing that, I would rather take someone who has proven his skill at the position we expect to play him at. 

I trust Gute to make the call on DeJean and decide if he fits.  I'm thinking Kool Aid based on some of the factors you mentioned.  Not a huge fan but he does cover a lot of checkmarks for what they need.  The RAS is so-so but he's a good solid player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Question to anybody: How does DeJean compare to Harrison Smith?

I think the best comp I've seen is Eric Weddle.     

People can feel free to make comments about the skin but that's a good comp

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I just recall a lot of people on the Raji train.  Plus we had jennings and Driver and Jones and Jordy - I think people were generally happy with the WR group.

Bill parcells planet theory, etc.

Obviously it's hard to remember 15 year old forum concensus vs. vocal minority vs. informed minority.

Driver was old and that was still prior to Jones and Jordy breaking out IIRC.

Just seems like that was smack dab in the middle of the "moar weaponz!" era of the board. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

10yd split is always something I pay close attention to. 

Makes sense. Usually if a guy is running 40yds on a football field, someone made a big mistake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

with the capital they have it should be the latter.

good to remember this though:

They are the usual suspects too. They suck at the draft and annually suck at football. 

44 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Obviously it's hard to remember 15 year old forum concensus vs. vocal minority vs. informed minority.

Driver was old and that was still prior to Jones and Jordy breaking out IIRC.

Just seems like that was smack dab in the middle of the "moar weaponz!" era of the board. 

Based on many of the posts over the past few weeks, we are still smack dab in the middle of the "moar weaponz!" era of the board.

• Like 2