The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

The jets traded back one spot for two mid round picks. The Raiders couldn’t make a better offer than that? Sure the Vikings have more ammunition but they didn’t use it. Honestly the QB situation reminds me of last year where the team zeroed in on one guy and when he wasn’t available they just punted. Names change but the story is the same. 

This sums it up perfectly. 

And according to Telesco himself, they didn't try particularly hard to move up. Tells me they knew they couldn't get Daniels and stopped trying. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And according to Telesco himself, they didn't try particularly hard to move up. Tells me they knew they couldn't get Daniels and stopped trying. 

Any word on what the Rams were offering to move up to #13?  The CBs and some OTs where still available at 19.

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Hey should they even  go for a guy that they think isn't "THE Guy?

Would 't that bei a desperate move?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm not opposed to moving up and selecting one of those. All would be steals ar this point in my eye.

I think we might need to trade up if we want a top CB specifically or we could alternatively trade down if we want to add extra options at IOL (seem to be a few guys second to third round at OG and OC) or a project tackle. From day 1 We seem like we might stay put and see who drops because someone probably will.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looking at that list, give me JPJ and slide him on at RG for the year. Parham stays at LG. Interior is good for the season. Whitehair is the versatile backup.

Take Blake Fisher/ Patrick Paul/ Chiristian Jones to compete with Munford at RT. Do that and I'll feel much better about our line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Ducks……..I also would take Jonathon Brooks in the second round…. 

Gotta be honest and whilst he might actually be BPA at that pick, I’d not be happy if we ignored the trenches or CB. I’m fine with Bowers but two skill position guys would be luxury picks for me. I’d pick BPA at CB or in the trenches.

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think we might need to trade up if we want a top CB specifically or we could alternatively trade down if we want to add extra options at IOL (seem to be a few guys second to third round at OG and OC) or a project tackle. From day 1 We seem like we might stay put and see who drops because someone probably will.

Kool-aid and Dejean would be my top choice in the 2nd. 

I'm hoping Telesco staying pat in the 1st was more to him letting the other teams be stupid selecting the 5th and 6th QBs high causing a blue chip to fall.

I want to see him more aggressive today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

At a certain point, BPA is not real. No one can convince me that any person or team has strong convictions between players 39 and 40 on their board.

BPA at a position of need would be what we need from now on I think.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

BPA at a position of need would be what we need from now on I think.

Likely: T , G, CB, DT
Sneaky options: RB, WR, LB, S 

I think the team is high on Munford. Has flashed when he gets playing time. J Brooks could be BPA and can do it all as a RB. Zeus has had major injury concerns. TAE is getting old, already in his 30s. Meyers is good but cost a lot of money. He could be replaced with a rookie contract. Renfrow already cut . I could see Troy Franklin being a sneaky option or another burner WR. There’s a couple LBs with great value still on the board. Safety could also be a sneak add. Epps going be a free agent. We about to have Koonce, Moehrig, Spillane, Jones, Deablo, Epps all free agents in 2025. I could see one or two of those guys phased out by a rookie contract. 

18 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Looking at that list, give me JPJ and slide him on at RG for the year. Parham stays at LG. Interior is good for the season. Whitehair is the versatile backup.

Take Blake Fisher/ Patrick Paul/ Chiristian Jones to compete with Munford at RT. Do that and I'll feel much better about our line.

That would give me a warm, fuzzy feeling 😁