2024 ÑFL DRÃFT Dß ØÑĖ ȚHRËÆĎ (**N0 SP0ILERS?!**)

Ty21

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just want to know the thinking behind that pick…their set at LT with Jenkins…do they see him as a RT even with his lack of power? If they see him as guard why take him over Barton? Just a strange one all round IMO

Elgton Jenkins didn't play much (if any) snaps at LT this season.  He played some the previous year out of necessity, but was clearly more comfortable at guard.  He's going to be their starting LG short of an injury.  Zach Tom had a great year at RT, but the report came out a few weeks before the draft that they think he'd be an even better C.  Listening to Gute, it seems that the Packers are going to have him compete with Rasheed Walker at LT and the loser probably ends up at RT.

1.1 Bears Caleb Williams A+
1.2 Commanders Jayden Daniels C+

1.3 Patriots Drake Maye B

1.4 Cardinals Marvin Harrison Jr. A+

1.5 Chargers Joe Alt A-

1.6 Giants Malik Nabers A

1.7 Titans J.C. Latham C+

1.8 Falcons Michael Penix F

1.9 Bears Rome Odunze A+

1.10 Vikings JJ McCarthy C

1.11 Jets Olu Fashanu A

1.12 Broncos Bo Nix D

1.13 Raiders Brock Bowers B- (not a need)

1.14 Saints Taliese Fuaga A+

1.15 Colts Laiutu Latu B

1.16 Seahawks Byron Murphy C

1.17 Vikings Dallas Turner A-

1.18 Bengals Amarius Mims B+

1.19 Rams Jared Verse A-

1.20 Steelers Troy Fautanu B

1.21 Dolphins Chop Robinson D+

1.22 Eagles Quinyon Mitchell A

1.23 Jaguars Brian Thomas Jr C

1.24 Lions Terrion Arnold A

1.25 Packers Jordan Morgan F

1.26 Buccaneers Graham Barton B+

1.27 Cardinals Darius Robinson C+

1.28 Chiefs Xavier Worthy C-

1.29 Cowboys Tyler Guyton C

1.30 Ravens Nate Wiggins A-

1.31 49ers Ricky Pearsall C+ 

1.32 Panthers Xavier Legette C-

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Dane Brugler said on the Athletic podcast that he's not surprised about JPJ because there were some character concerns

Had not heard that, but I didn't really ask around about him in that way. Would make sense, plus someone said something about concussions? Also not something I had heard before

Once we didnt move down, Im all in on us being in the mix for Connor Williams once he finishes rehab

23 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Once we didnt move down, Im all in on us being in the mix for Connor Williams once he finishes rehab

Signing him and starting him off on the PUP while Coleman/Bates battle at C in training camp makes all the sense in the world. A type of deal like MLB teams do with pitchers coming off surgery - low in year one with a second year to play and rebuild value for the player.

Coleman as a backup C and Bates as a super-sub G/C would really solidify the line. 

Biggest Shock Picks of Round 1 when they happened:

3. Ricky Pearsall

2. Jordan Morgan

1. M. Penix

Bo Nix would have been, but a reporter leaked it on X ahead of time so I knew it was coming.

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are we letting our biases affect us now?

Have they said what position he’s expected to play yet? I like him more as a G than as a T. I never saw him at 25 in terms of ability, but it’s not a huge reach. I had him in that 35-45 range personally.

More than anything I’m surprised you guys passed on Cooper DeJean. He seemed like an obvious fit for you guys. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Are we letting our biases affect us now?

It’s based on what was still available. I tried to weigh who went where and when and who would’ve been in my opinion a better selection. But it’s the packers, of course my F pick will be an 8 time all pro 

• Like 1

Its always fun to think about moving all the way up to the top of round 2, but its unlikely without a Top 60 pick to start with.

But we do need to come up and get one of the last legitimate talents of this draft. With 43 picks till ours, and only mid-20s talents left that Im really even interested in, we cant just wait and hop one of them falls that far

I know many are champing at the bit to go all the way up for Newton, but to me a smaller move up for Kris Jenkins is more realistic and nearly a similar ceiling. Just needs more work, and as the 4th DT this year, we have the time

Almost time for the best night of the draft...always loves these two rounds because it's where you get the most important trades and some of the craziest picks (not sure anything tops Penix & Nix from last night tho hahahaha)

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Have they said what position he’s expected to play yet? I like him more as a G than as a T. I never saw him at 25 in terms of ability, but it’s not a huge reach. I had him in that 35-45 range personally.

More than anything I’m surprised you guys passed on Cooper DeJean. He seemed like an obvious fit for you guys. 

Gutekunst pretty much said he's playing tackle.  I think he could play OG if he doesn't beat out Walker/Tom.  I'll be honest, I was pretty lukewarm on Morgan.  I thought Barton was a cleaner grade, but I don't think there was much upside with him.  The opposite for Morgan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

It’s based on what was still available. I tried to weigh who went where and when and who would’ve been in my opinion a better selection. But it’s the packers, of course my F pick will be an 8 time all pro 

Let me guess, the Packers should have taken DeJean?  Other than DeJean, I think Jer'Zhan Newton was the only other guy I think that the Packers might have considered that is still available.  I think Graham Barton was a fit, but the lack of ability to play OT at the next level probably hindered him.  Tyler Guyton was probably the subterfuge that Gute was referring to.