2024 NFL Draft: Day 1 Discussion

Just now, ArcticNorseman said:

I drove from Fairbanks to Wasilla and am currently watching my daughter's 1st high school softball game.   Does that count?  😁    By the way, Denali was spectaculr!!!

Denali is amazing. I would love to go back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Formerly_iavikefn said:

I'm fine with the pick being JJ McCarthy, but not if it means giving up a bunch of picks to go up and get him. If the cost is too much, I'd be perfectly content staying at #11 and #23 and improving on the defensive side of the ball. Sam Darnold isn't the long-term answer, for sure, but I don't want to mortgage the future for a QB prospect that I'm not sold on. Continue to build up the rest of the roster, go get Dak Prescott in free agency next year. 

That's fine that you're not sold on a guy like JJ, but I'm definitely not sold on paying $55M a year for a lesser version of Kirk.

• Like 3

Just now, vike daddy said:

all this chat about McCarthy still being available at 11...

wouldn't at least Denver be jumping up to get him? i mean, wouldn't the Bears LOVE to trade their #9?

I believe the best, reasonable outcome is to trade up to #8 for JJ.

I don’t know what that’d take, we don’t have much besides the #23 in terms of ammo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Denali is amazing. I would love to go back.

We weren't there long enough to go see Denali when we went to Fairbanks in 2020, but we'd love to the next time we do.

If we miss out on Maye,

I would be 'content' with Penix Jr at 23. I think he can start game 1 and he will win the locker room instantly. 

If he doesn't work out (injury concerns) - I am perfectly fine having spent a late first on him vs the 11th. 

• Like 2