Ravens 2024 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

1 hour ago, ravens5520 said:

Why… if we’re so big on Ojabo and Oweh. Along with KVN resigning. Just don’t see edge over WR there. Here’s to day 3 adding weapons for Lamar 

Ojabo has never been healthy, Oweh is kind meh, and KVN is a vet depth signing. We still definitely need EDGE help

I'm fully onboard with the draft so far as sound. The first two picks in particular really seem like value lined up at a spot we needed.

It's definitely annoying that we aren't doing anything to give Lamar a receiver, given how much the rest of league does that for their QB. EDC said that we are going straight BPA today, but with 6 picks, we need to take 2 dart throws at WR. Day 3 always has good players and contributors at that position. Much more so than the positions we took already.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm fully onboard with the draft so far as sound. The first two picks in particular really seem like value lined up at a spot we needed.

It's definitely annoying that we aren't doing anything to give Lamar a receiver, given how much the rest of league does that for their QB. EDC said that we are going straight BPA today, but with 6 picks, we need to take 2 dart throws at WR. Day 3 always has good players and contributors at that position. Much more so than the positions we took already.

Agreed. Really impressive haul so far they just cannot have a repeat of 2022 and not take a WR.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Why… if we’re so big on Ojabo and Oweh. Along with KVN resigning. Just don’t see edge over WR there. Here’s to day 3 adding weapons for Lamar 

I don’t think the team is as high on Oweh as many fans here. I know they talk him up, but they talk up everyone. They talked up Queen last offseason and then didn’t pick up his 5th year.

Whether or not the Ravens pick up Oweh’s 5th year will really tell us how they genuinely feel about him. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they don’t.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

I like Javon Baker a lot, he may still be there at our first pick

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

56 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Agreed. Really impressive haul so far they just cannot have a repeat of 2022 and not take a WR.

Double dip and take Troy Franklin and Johnny Wilson if they’re both there in day three.

We need a vertical receiver and both could present that within our offense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Was the last true vertical threat on the board at WR, awesome to get him. Plenty of encouraging aspects to his profile.

Idk I think Johnny Wilson’s profile as a vertical threat is also pretty extensive. With some development he could be in that Vincent Jackson mold. He’s got the feet, the speed, and the size.

Though Tez Walker with his 4.3 speed cannot be argued. It makes me a bit nervous that he’s never hit a 1,000 yd receiving season even at the lower levels of competition. But between Covid and the NCAA you could argue that few got screwed over more than Tez Walker from a development and productivity standpoint.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Was the last true vertical threat on the board at WR, awesome to get him. Plenty of encouraging aspects to his profile.

And I have much more faith he’ll develop under Monken/Keith Williams than I would have under those Greg Roman coaching staffs

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

And I have much more faith he’ll develop under Monken/Keith Williams than I would have under those Greg Roman coaching staffs

Williams left for the Saints, but our current WR staff is definitely still better than what we had during the Roman years.