2024 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread

CWood21

3 minutes ago, R T said:

I think it was Daniel Jeremiah that had the Arizona TE as TE2 in this draft, he is very underrated by the media compared to what teams probably actually think. 

Oh...okay. I'm all "after the fact" research on this draft. While I'm reading along with what others are saying, I'm just checking out the players we actually draft. As a consequence my name recognition and knowledge of these guys "pre-draft" is non-existent.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The more I watch Morgan, the more I want the TE today too.

Just turned 25, but his athletic profile is really impressive. I thought he was LDS when I read that he started at Southern Utah, but looks like he may have just started playing football a little later in life (he's from Canada).  How's his blocking on tape?

Yes! We're back! the forum was down for the entirety of day two. 😭

So far I'm both happy and underwhelmed at the same time with our draft.

I really liked Morgan pick. That's our starting LT. Protecting our QB is always a priority. Solid start.

I was underwhelmed that our first 2nd round pick went to a LB, Edgerrin Cooper. I would've preferred we stayed where we were and took McKinstry or Melton.

I thought the next pick, Javon Bullard was great. We really needed a safety with that profile. I thought Gute would be interested in him because his stature and personality reminded me of Alexander. I recognised right away that his body type and twitchiness made him suited for nickle and slot duties so there's that versatility Gute craves.

I also really liked Hicks as the other safety. Not sure why he has fallen in the draft. Certainly would not mind double dipping. I'm not keen on our safety depth so it could use some padding especially if Bullard moves to nickle/slot.

I understand and kind of like the Marshawn Lloyd pick. He's big and fast. He's still youngish with little mileage, both of which will have put him ahead of my favourites, Tracey and Davis for the Packers. He could have some use in the receiving game. I have two issues with him though, he bounces outside too much for his size which makes me question his vision and there's also his ball security.

Still lots of RBs left in the draft, Estime, Allen, Wright, Davis, Tracey, Guerendo, Watson and Vidal. I wonder if we will nab another one.

I'm meh on Hopper. He's similar to Cooper, not as quick or as long but they play in a similar way. As I said in another thread I hate watching linebackers because they barely do anything. I'm guessing with these two it means Quay is going to be the MIKE. Personally I would rather unleash Quay and find a different linebacker type to stay back and do the dirty work.

As for Day 3. One thing for sure I expect the Packers to draft a QB. I have my eye on Pratt due to his big arm, experience and young age (22.5). Would be a good developmental prospect that we can flip for a draft pick somewhere down the line.

There's a few OL propects that kind of fits the Packers profile. Bortolini, Rouse, Gramble, Jennings, Glover.

I've done zero research on WRs so don't know if there's still any good ones knocking about. Probably, considering where Nacua went last year.

At TE I hear Theo Johnson is a Jimmy Graham-like prospect. Wouldn't mind some of that.

It would be nice to draft a DL but I don't think there's many big ones who can add competition behind Clark and Wyatt.

Can see us nabbing an EDGE but not at the size Gute prefers. May have to settle for a Clay Matthews sized prospect.

We definitely need more corners. Just not too sure who we could target - Josh Newton or Willie Drew maybe?. There's still a few guys that fit the Packers athletic thresholds but please no Jean-Charles types please.

Edited by Chili

This has been one of my favorite Packer drafts.  Love Morgan, Cooper, Bullard, and Lloyd.  I wasn't as high on Hopper, but we needed LBers badly and he will be a ST stud from day 1.

Sadly, me loving our early picks all but guarantees they bust hard.  Apologies in advance.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

This has been one of my favorite Packer drafts.  Love Morgan, Cooper, Bullard, and Lloyd.  I wasn't as high on Hopper, but we needed LBers badly and he will be a ST stud from day 1.

Sadly, me loving our early picks all but guarantees they bust hard.  Apologies in advance.

Bust, as in bronze bust in Canton!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Some of my Day 3 guys at the positions I really want to hit (CB, SAF, DL and IOL): 

DL: Wingo, L. Taylor, G. Hall, K. Boyd, Booker, Dorlus

CB: Tampa, K. Jackson, Hart, Carson, Pritchett, Hadden

SAF: Mustapha, DTD, Oladapo, Brade, E. Williams

IOL: McCormick, Limmer, Bortolini, Sundell

Nice list, add Mahogany for me at IOL

• Like 1