7.245 - Michael Pratt [QB; Tulane]

Zycho32

7 minutes ago, Refugee said:

He spent most of the first part of his interview giving the glory to God’s plan. I like Gutey as much as anyone but that’s a bit much. 

Gutey's Tebow threshold he values. A history of drafting guys like that. Go watch Gutey's interview when he was given the GM job too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Don’t know if we’ll roster 3 on the 53 but let the competition begin. I guess accuracy is one of his strengths. Between him and Clifford getting several quarters each, should make PS more fun. 

Crazy too, I mean I know we didn't really see Clifford outside of preseason but I didn't think he was that bad.  Guess LaFleur feels differently, or feels his spot needs a competitor?

Oh well, 7th round is pretty much tantamount to claiming off of waivers anyway.

My opinion, backup QB isn't bad for this round, but I'd have gone with a punter.  I just don't for the life of me understand why Whelan keeps getting a free pass out there.  At least Carlson has some competition for his.

Pratt the backup, Clifford the emergency QB/designated clipboard holder/on-field extra coach. 

Pratt can win us games if Love goes down with his actual talent. I don't have that same faith in the turd from Penn State.

I didn't come into last draft with any grudges against Clifford.   I was prepared for the worst after reading some of the hate - but thought he performed really well in the preseason.   Very encouraging.  If he carries any of that into this year Pratt is in a dogfight for the backup spot