53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I have to make peace with the fact that for now, Morgan is a RG.  It makes me a little sad, but it is what it is.  Hopefully he evolves into more. (tackle)

I see him as having the position of OL (not center).  He will get the first crack at the first sign of weakness from any of the starting 4, and would probably find a spot if C gets hurt in the reshuffle.

for a first year OL without a gaping hole at OT, I don't think they wanted to force him into that LT position.    It's also seeming like he didn't come in and absolutely WOW the staff with his training camp and force his way onto the field.

I would guess that he finds his way onto the field before the season is over, and quite possibly at Right Tackle if Tom's injury acts up at all.

Edited by skibrett15

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

100% fit.  RG.  Mullet.  Kindda crappy.

I have a feeling that after 3 games or so, we will be wishing we had spent the $10M on Runyan.

Also...regarding Newman.  Dude gets bashed all the time on here, for good reason.  But, he was an example of a kid who has started games in the NFL and can get you out of games if needed.

I don't see another one like him at guard on the roster.  So, this could mean that Monk is showing better than we thought, or that Morgan is in fact a RG.  Cuz losing Newman doesn't seem like much until you realize that what is behind him is completely unproven.  So GB must like that unproven talent in order to do this.

Newman.   My bar is not having played in games.   My bar is having played well in games.    

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Also -- Dillon appears to be on SEASON ENDING IR. 

Ford put on IR - designated to return

Tyler Davis - also season ending IR

I was afraid of this when there was concern. Would not be surprised if it's career ending. 

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

AJJ is the only one I dont see, cant get behind that one. Zayne doesnt do much for me.

Bisaccia probably had to choose between Anderson and Welch for his ST unit. He chose Anderson which ultimately pushed AJJ off the roster.

Last year he chose Dallin Leavitt. A safety who was a key player on his ST units.

The entire safety group is now officially revamped from last year with AJJ not on the roster.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

100% fit.  RG.  Mullet.  Kindda crappy.

I have a feeling that after 3 games or so, we will be wishing we had spent the $10M on Runyan.

Also...regarding Newman.  Dude gets bashed all the time on here, for good reason.  But, he was an example of a kid who has started games in the NFL and can get you out of games if needed.

I don't see another one like him at guard on the roster.  So, this could mean that Monk is showing better than we thought, or that Morgan is in fact a RG.  Cuz losing Newman doesn't seem like much until you realize that what is behind him is completely unproven.  So GB must like that unproven talent in order to do this.

Short story: Newman sucks, the end! 

20 minutes ago, Chili said:

Does this mean now that Dillard and Joseph are locked in with fully guaranteed contracts or do we still have time before the first game to cut them?

I think there is still time, but am not 100%

The makeup of this roster is almost identical to last year. Despite the change from 3-4 to 4-3 we have gone DL and OL heavy again.

We have continued to keep 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 TE, 6 WR, 6 EDGE, 5 LB, 5 SAF

All we did is have one fewer OL and DL this year to allow us to roster another corner (and LS, we temporarily didn't have a LS on the final 53 last year).

Crazy how similar the roster is laid out. Lots of different names though.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

couple players that Id look to claim from skimming lists of cut players

Foreman, Ifedi, Julian Davenport, Mike White, Matt Corral, Matt Hennessey

Desmond Ridder was also let go is kind of interesting.  Former Packers Rudy Ford and then Amos were both released.  Thought Ford would stick somewhere.  Looks like Amos is officially washed. 

Posted (edited)

Here it is according to Acme Packing Company

Players still on the roster

• QB Jordan Love - Malik Willis
  • RB Josh Jacobs - MarShawn Lloyd - Emanuel Wilson
  • WR Christian Watson - Romeo Doubs - Jayden Reed
  • WR Dontayvion Wicks - Bo Melton - Malik Heath 
  • TE Luke Musgrave - Tucker Kraft - Ben Sims
  • OL Rasheed Walker - Andre Dillard
  • OL Elgton Jenkins - Travis Glover
  • OL Josh Myers - Jacob Monk
  • OL Jordan Morgan - Sean Rhyan
  • OL Zach Tom - Kadeem Telfort
  • DE Rashan Gary - Lukas Van Ness - Brenton Cox Jr.
  • DE Preston Smith - Kingsley Enagbare - Arron Mosby
  • DT Kenny Clark - Devonte Wyatt
  • DT T.J. Slaton - Karl Brooks - Colby Wooden
  • LB Quay Walker - Edgerrin Cooper
  • LB Isaiah McDuffie
  • LB Eric Wilson -  Ty’Ron Hopper
  • CB Jaire Alexander
  • CB Eric Stokes - Carrington Valentine
  • CB Keisean Nixon - Corey Ballentine
  • S Xavier McKinney - Kitan Oladapo - Zayne Anderson
  • S Javon Bullard - Evan Williams
  • K Greg Joseph
  • P Daniel Whelan
  • LS Matt Orzech
Edited by Old Guy

41 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Don't see dillon as a loss.  It's exciting that they think Lloyd will be ready to play.  No way they are keeping just 3 otherwise right?

Also- Joseph is our K.  For now at least.

You get the 3 callups or whatever so you just bring mccrary/merriweather up in the meantime. Whichever one we end up keeping on PS

• Like 1