2025 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I know you can always find holes watching tape, and it’s very different for the players in real time.. 

but there have been at least 3 massive holes Zues has missed that I’ve seen that would’ve been 10 yard untouched runs.

(every rb misses holes, just like qbs miss open WRs, just I know there have been some opportunities)

I've seen this too.  I've seen him run straight into our OL even when there are wide open holes two feet to the left/right.  It's like he was brought up to only follow his blocks and to never look for open space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:
  • R1 - QB
  • R2- IOL
  • R3- NT
  • R4- Depth/BPA

I think we need to give Amari Gainer a chance at LB.  I think that's the one that played well during the preseason.  I just looked it up and realized we have two guys named Amari as LBs on the depth chart.  Lol.

When it comes to IOL Andre James hasn't looked that great this season.  I think JPJ will come in and solidify a position.  I just think we need to upgrade at either C or the other OG position.  I don't really know what it is, our OL just can't run block to save their lives.  I do fully expect K. Miller to rebound.  I think his shoulder is still bothering him like others have said throughout this forum.

We definitely need to fix our rushing defense.  We're giving up 160+ yards rushing a game and 6.1 ypc.  If teams get smart and run against us the entire game, we'll never win.

The most important position in the game followed by bolstering the trenches is always a good way to solidify a roster.  We have talent everywhere, just need to find the BPA for the fourth and beyond.

Not to put too much pressure on him, but I hope JPJ can give a boost to the IOL. I’ll give Deablo and Munford a couple more games before I want to see Gainer and Glaze start. Glaze and Gainer sure did look good in preseason. 

• Like 1

Zeus fell in the draft because of his injury history and lack of Vison. He was built like a tank, A level athlete, and very fast with good size. He’s looking like he don’t have the vision in his year being the man. To be fair, Chargers and Ravens probably going be really good stopping the run this year. 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Koonce career is done. EDGE is a need again, unless Wilson steps up 

WTF? 

We're watching 2 ancient QBs run around on repaired Achilles. 

Koonce could probably have returned late this year. Shutting him down was likely more to keep someone else around to evaluate rather than having to cut someone lose towards the end of the year in favor of a guy coming off surgery and missing most of the season. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Koonce career is done. EDGE is a need again, unless Wilson steps up 

While I'm not agreeing with the Koonce part, I like the idea of adding an EDGE rusher in next year's draft with a higher pick under certain circumstances.

e.g. the O-Line solidifies on the course of the season - especially Kolton Miller

Or If there is again a rush in QBs and OLine in the first round and a good talent falls to our lap.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Totty said:

Cam Ward is a full grown man.  

I been a fan since I seen him play against Fresno State in a bowl game. He has a Raider feel to him too. Allar has been balling out, Ward, Sanders, Ewers hurt but he's the truth. Those 4 really stand out as the cream of the crop after 25 percent of the college season done.