• Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
  • Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
  • Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
  • Maxx Crosby, EDGE, Eastern Michigan
  • Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
  • Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
  • Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson
  • Quinton Bell, EDGE, Prairie View A&M

THREE 1st round picks and not a single one of them is left (Two enormous busts given their draft position and the other was a RB). Crosby is an All-Pro, Jacobs was productive but oft injured, Moreau was a capable TE2 and Hunter was fun for a few seasons, but this class was an ultimate fail.

Crosby is the only pick left and one of the leagues best, if not for him this would go for as one of the worst draft classes in NFL history.

• Like 6

1. Garrett Bradbury: overly mediocre, but did get a contract extension. He's a flawed player that probably shouldn't have been drafted in the first round but isn't bad by any means. He's just not good. Grade: C-

2. Irv Smith Jr: Athletic but not much of a football player. He was my favorite pick. Grade: D-

3. Alexander Mattison: Good backup. Awful starter. You'd expect more from a 3rd round RB. Grade: D

4. Dru Samia: Really never made an impact. Grade: F

5. Cam Smith: I remember the hype about him before his last year in college, but then he proceeded to do nothing in the NFL. Grade: F

6. Armon Watts: For a 6th round pick, he was rather effective but nothing special. I wish we had kept him though. Grade: B

7. Marcus Epps: he's a starter elsewhere but he didn't do anything for us. Grade: F

8. Oli Udoh: Swing tackle who started a year at RG. For a late round pick, he did what he was asked to do. Grade: B

9. Kris Boyd: Great special teams player but not much else. That's all you can ask for in a 7th round pick. Grade: A

10. Dillion Mitchell: who? Grade F

11. Bisi Johnson: injuries robbed him of a decent career as a backup. Still made a small impact so that counts. Grade: C

Overall: D

• Like 2

Probably a B for the Rams, ONLY because of the Super Bowl win though:

Taylor Rapp - completely mediocre

David Long - sub par ultimately BUT he was the starting NB in the Super Bowl

Bobby Evans - terrible

Greg Gaines - good player

David Edwards - solid starter

Nick Scott - solid starter

Dakota Allen - nope

Normally that draft "haul" would get a C or D - but Long, Gaines, Edwards and Scott were all starters in the Super Bowl - so I give it a boost for that.

1 14 Atlanta Falcons Chris Lindstrom  OG Boston College ACC  
  1 31 Atlanta Falcons Kaleb McGary  OT Washington Pac-12
  4 111 Atlanta Falcons Kendall Sheffield  CB Ohio State Big Ten
from Detroit [R4 - 5]
  4* 135 Atlanta Falcons John Cominsky  DE Charleston MEC
  5 152 Atlanta Falcons Qadree Ollison  RB Pittsburgh ACC  
  5* 172 Atlanta Falcons Jordan Miller  CB Washington Pac-12  
  6 203 Atlanta Falcons Marcus Green  WR Louisiana–Monroe Sun Belt

All-Pro RG at 14

Reliable starting RT at 31

Nothing outside of that.

Overall a B because they hit big on Lindstrom and medium on McGary.

But day 3 was a damn mess.

2019 1 Andre Dillard 22 T 2023 0 0 0 11 59 0 0 0 0 0     0     0     Washington St.
2019 2 Miles Sanders 53 RB 2023 0 1 4 31 73 0 0 0 0 0 868 4140 21 151 1096 3     Penn St.
2019 2 JJ Arcega-Whiteside 57 WR 2021 0 0 0 2 40 0 0 0 0 0     0 16 290 1     Stanford
2019 4 Shareef Miller 138 DE 2019 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0     0     0     Penn St.
2019 5 Clayton Thorson 167 QB   0 0 0                               Northwestern

I guess Miles Sanders was ok. The rest was a catastrophe. Howie's drafting really changed when we got rid of Doug.

• Like 2

Buffalo bills:

Round 1 pick 9: Ed Oliver. A

Great 3T who earned a second contract and is coming off his best season.

Round 2 Pick 38: OL Cody Ford. D

Best season was his rookie season at RT. Injuries and moving around to G delayed his development. Traded to Arizona.

Round 3 Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary. B-

Was a productive player who played out his rookie deal. Solid RB all around but nothing spectacular.

Round 3 Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox. B

Struggled early with drops but became a redzone target. Has dealt with some injuries but is a big part of the Bills offense still.

Round 5 Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph. F

I believe he tore his ACL his rookie year in camp and was cut the following year.

Round 6 Pick 181: S Jaquan Johnson. C

Was depth and a main special teamer on his rookie deal. Looked lost when on defense though.

Round 7 Pick 225: DE Daryl Johnson. B-

Was a 4 core special teamer and solid depth in the DL rotation for 2 years. Was then traded for a 6th round pick (became Christian Benford).

Round 7 Pick 228: TE Tommy Sweeney. C

Was TE2/3 for a short time. Never anything special but played a lot of special teams and was a decent blocker. 

Overall grade is probably a B. A home run with Oliver. A double with Knox. Couple singles out of Singletary and Darryl Johnson. 

• Like 1

1.16 Brian Burns - very good player, but no longer with the team.  Will probably have his best years with NYG.

2.5 Greg Little - bad, lasted 2 years with us and now out of the league

3.37 Will Grier - bad, lasted 2 seasons with us

4.13 Christian Miller - bad, only lasted 1 season with us (opted out of 2020 due to COVID, waived in 2021)

5.36 Jordan Scarlett - bad, only lasted 1 season with us

6.40 Dennis Daley - HORRIBLE, somehow lasted 3 seasons with us starting every other game because our OL has sucked for years.  Given what I've read Titans fans say about him, sounds like he was even worse with them

7.23 Terry Godwin - bad, couldn't make the team

Somehow has a chance to not even be in the bottom 2 of bad Panthers drafts since 2019

Edited by iknowcool

Texans 2019 draft was awful!  Tytus Howard is serviceable at right tackle if he can stay healthy.  Back then I wanted Andre Dillard.  In hindsight I'm glad he wasnt the pick.  Lonnie Johnson was a bust for us, and ironically he signed with us this offseason.  Max Scharping was a bust.  He started 14 games for us his rookie year then he fell off.   I had high hopes for Kahale Warring but he was always hurt and never got a chance to play. Sucks we gave up on Charles Omenihu so soon.  

Edited by Texansfan713

18 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Texans 2019 draft was awful!  Tytus Howard is serviceable at right tackle if he can stay healthy.  Back then I wanted Andre Dillard.  In hindsight I'm glad he wasnt the pick.  Lonnie Johnson was a bust for us, and ironically he signed with us this offseason.  Max Scharping was a bust.  He started 14 games for us his rookie year then he fell off.   I had high hopes for Kahale Warring but he was always hurt and never got a chance to play. Sucks we gave up on Charles Omenihu so soon.  

Bill O'Brien was almost Matt Millen bad as GM for your team

• Like 1

2019 draft[edit]

Main article: 2019 NFL draft
Round Overall Name Position College
1 15 Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
26 Montez Sweat DE Mississippi State
3 76 Terry McLaurin WR Ohio State
4 112 Bryce Love RB Stanford
131 Wes Martin G Indiana
5 153 Ross Pierschbacher C Alabama
173 Cole Holcomb LB North Carolina
6 206 Kelvin Harmon WR NC State
7 227 Jimmy Moreland DB James Madison
253 Jordan Brailford DE Oklahoma State

Terry is the only one left on the roster. He was a gem of a find in the 3rd. Sweat was a hit and we flipped him for an early 2nd this year. Haskins was a bust. Cole Holcomb was a solid player for the years we had him and a good pick in the 5th. The rest did nothing. Terry A, Sweat B+, Holcomb B, the rest Ds or Fs. 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Now that we are 5 drafts in, how would you grade your teams 2019 draft? 

Who was your favorite pick back then and who is it now? Who didn't you like when your team drafted?

Go!

Hmmm..

Shall we compare it with what posters actually said at the time? :D

There's a nice treat for us right at the top of the middle one. From Van S;

"San Francisco 49ers simply off the selection of Jalen Hurd.  I believe he will be a star WR in the NFL."

• Like 3

It's an F.

I remember being excited about that draft class, which is embarrassing. There are NONE of them still on the team

N'Keal Harry - F

JoeJuan Williams - F

Chase Winovich - F

Damien Harris - C

Yodney Cajuste - F

Hjalte Froholdt - F

Jarrett Stidham - F

Byron Cowart - D

Jake Bailey - B

Ken Webster - F

Broncos 2019

1.20 Noah Fant: Dude can't break a tackle to save his life; same goes with blocking. Something wrong about seeing a 6'4 250lb guy get completely owned by a 170lb corner or safety. Idk how this guy came in as a tight end when in actuality he's just a bad WR. F

2.41 Dalton Risner: In one word, fine. He had some ups and some downs. Had an issue just getting ran over by defenses but was a good albeit limited help guy on our line. Good locker room guy too. I think he's struggling to even find a contract now though. C

2.42 Drew Lock: "The Gunslinger" actually just turned out to shoot himself in the face. Some of the worst accuracy I've ever seen from a QB...ever. Surprisingly had some decent success with Rich Scangarello and his gimmick plays. Once the gimmick was over, so was Lock. Nice guy though... F

3.71 Dre'Mont Jones:Actually pretty solid for us and easily the best from this draft class.Sadly not on the team anymore as he, Lock, AND Fant were all traded for Wilson 🤣B

5.156 Justin Hollins: I don't think I ever actually saw him play a game despite him apparently playing 15 for us. F

6.187 Juwann Winfree: I don't think I ever actually saw him play a game. F

I remember at the time being excited about this draft especially with the trade back to get another 2nd rounder. However, as shown above...it turned out nearly the worst way possible. Looked at the 2020 Jerry Jeudy draft class too and it's just as bad despite being Goldfish's #1 draft that year! We literally have one dude (strnad) who gets any meaningful playing time from that and even then he's always injured. Just some bad bad stuff here... 

OVERALL: F my life.

• Like 1