18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

17 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They ultimately ended up with Cine, Ingram and Asamoah as a result of that Detroit trade (which included that GB trade)...I don't think it was great value, but I don't think it ended up being poor either or that he ended up being "played" as you say.   Either way, I don't think it probably will make the top 5 of worst trades ever made by a Vikings GM. 

They also traded their own 2nd round pick.  I definitely think it was poor value. Whether any of the players involved end up be worth anything is a different question.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Exactly. Trading down 20 spots AND giving back a 2nd was getting played. 

They moved up 12 spots from their pick in the 2nd (which they then traded to GB) and added the high 3rd (which became Asamoah).  It's not nearly as bad as you portray it.  It's not great, but it's not getting played, as far as I'm concerned.  But, we'll never agree on that, so there's no point going back and forth.  It's water under the bridge. 

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

They moved up 12 spots from their pick in the 2nd (which they then traded to GB) and added the high 3rd (which became Asamoah).  It's not nearly as bad as you portray it.  It's not great, but it's not getting played, as far as I'm concerned.  But, we'll never agree on that, so there's no point going back and forth.  It's water under the bridge. 

If you go by the value chart, the Vikings were shorted by 230 points, or the equivalent to an early 3rd round pick.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

If you go by the value chart, the Vikings were shorted by 230 points, or the equivalent to an early 3rd round pick.

Which value chart?  The one created 30 years ago? 

I have no reason to doubt that the modern charts do a better job at tracking value...especially in a draft that, honestly, was pretty weak on elite talent.  I think some people are just still po'ed that he passed on Kyle Hamilton and Jordan Davis...I understand that, but I also think it clouds some of the objectivity.  Am I saying he won the deal?  Absolutely not.  But, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some have claimed.  I said that then and I continue to say that now.  If you go by a 30-yr trade value chart, sure...he got smoked.  But, it's not that simple.   

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I have no reason to doubt that the modern charts do a better job at tracking value...especially in a draft that, honestly, was pretty weak on elite talent.  I think some people are just still po'ed that he passed on Kyle Hamilton and Jordan Davis...I understand that, but I also think it clouds some of the objectivity.  Am I saying he won the deal?  Absolutely not.  But, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some have claimed.  I said that then and I continue to say that now.  If you go by a 30-yr trade value chart, sure...he got smoked.  But, it's not that simple.   

The value chart I looked at was for 2023. I just think it was pretty obviously bad value. There can be some variability based on talent available, but it’s not like the Vikings drafted any great players with those picks.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I mean, I don't think any of the TVC (JJ, Rich Hill, etc.) were favorable to Minnesota.  I think most had Detroit as a pretty heavy grade lean there.

The Lions trade was bad. You can't trade that far down and not get a future 1st or impact player. It was just the sky is falling mentally about trading in the division and so far neither player has been that player yet.  Addison is on pace to pass them.  

Edited by dc_vikingfan

11 hours ago, swede700 said:

If you go by a 30-yr trade value chart, sure...he got smoked.  But, it's not that simple

It is that simple. 

It doesn’t matter that the JJ chart is 30 years old. It’s still the standard that the majority of teams base their picks’ value on. And you can see that by simply calculating other trades that take place. Most trades reflect the JJ and Hill models. 

Kwesi should have never given up the Vikings’ own 2nd. You should not lose value being the team that trades down. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Hockenson, Risner, Akers, Dobbs. Kwesi’s in season pickups have been fantastic and he deserves a lot of credit for making those happen. Those moves have fueled playoff pushes in both years. 

Not to mention the instant return on value in Addison, Pace, and I'd even say Blackmon. He also signed Powell who has been clutch when we have needed it most.

Maybe Kwesi actually does know what he's doing... 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Not to mention the instant return on value in Addison, Pace, and I'd even say Blackmon. He also signed Powell who has been clutch when we have needed it most.

Maybe Kwesi actually does know what he's doing... 

Jac Roy looks good too.

Jay Ward has made some boneheaded mistakes, but he's a fine special teams player. He's no Kris Boyd though. I'm hoping NaJee Thompson can step into that role.

So, if we would've got better value on that trade, and took literally anyone else besides Lewis Cine (psst...Breece Hall!), KAM would be much more loved here.