Random trade alert: Texans trade for WR Ben Skowronek

Forge

3 hours ago, Soko said:

I won’t jump to any conclusions here, but this can’t be a good thing for Metchie, right?

Skow is a ST guy think he might have even been our ST captain last year. Not much in the pass game but has also put some snaps in at a FB type. If he's expected to contribute on offense there might be roster issues, hope the Texans are just looking for a ST guy, good dude just not much of a contributor on offense. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

A Nick Caserio special, he gives those 6th/7th rounders out like how a stranger in a van gives out candy...

If Skow has an ST ability - a gunner, a return guy - he's likely to push John Metchie off to the PS. 

Very whelming trade here.

That's how those picks should be treated really. Most 6th/7th round guys end up cut/not lasting more than a couple years in the league if that.

Every single team in the NFL would take the guarantee of an ST contributor out of a 6th or 7th round player they select. If you can trade for an already proven one, why wouldn't you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

That's how those picks should be treated really. Most 6th/7th round guys end up cut/not lasting more than a couple years in the league if that.

Every single team in the NFL would take the guarantee of an ST contributor out of a 6th or 7th round player they select. If you can trade for an already proven one, why wouldn't you?

And it was a pick swap, not even a pick for player trade. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Great photo to use to showcase this kids abilities, I like the way he’s throwing his arms in the general direction of the football and praying however bad this hurts that it knocks the ball loose from the defender(s).

6 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Lol. Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Stefon Diggs, Noah Brown, John Metchie. The Texans gave up capital to trade for a guy who's gonna compete for WR6 with Robert Woods?

Sko will definitely be Houston's #1 WR by the start of the season.

• Like 1

Man I am not mad we got rid of him. He was WR6 at best, and I never forgave him for the drop against the Niners in the NFCCG or falling down causing the INT in the Super Bowl. Those weren't "have to be good at football" plays....they were "just don't be terrible at football" plays

21 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Lol. Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Stefon Diggs, Noah Brown, John Metchie. The Texans gave up capital to trade for a guy who's gonna compete for WR6 with Robert Woods?

Maybe he will play fullback

23 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Man I am not mad we got rid of him. He was WR6 at best, and I never forgave him for the drop against the Niners in the NFCCG or falling down causing the INT in the Super Bowl. Those weren't "have to be good at football" plays....they were "just don't be terrible at football" plays

I will remember him more for the Mayfield Miracle against the Raiders.

• Like 1