Chiefs The First Team to Play 6 Different Days of the Week in a Season

Chiefer

Wednesday to Monday. The only day they don’t play is a Tuesday, which knowing the NFL they could flex them there at any time.

They also play three games in 10 Days in December, which Ive never heard of before, and at a certain point go 59 days with only one home game. 

top that off with an early season bye, and the deck is stacked against the SuperVillains of the NFL. Are they serious enough for this Three-Peat yet?

The league isn't stacking the deck against them, they're doing them a favor. Three games in a ten day span leaves fewer off days in between for Chiefs players to commit felonies. 

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

The league isn't stacking the deck against them, they're doing them a favor. Three games in a ten day span leaves fewer off days in between for Chiefs players to commit felonies. 

That’s a seriously good idea actually, less opportunity for getting their car stolen or make commencement speeches too 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Wednesday to Monday. The only day they don’t play is a Tuesday, which knowing the NFL they could flex them there at any time.

They also play three games in 10 Days in December, which Ive never heard of before, and at a certain point go 59 days with only one home game. 

top that off with an early season bye, and the deck is stacked against the SuperVillains of the NFL. Are they serious enough for this Three-Peat yet?

Thats crazy that they scheduled that way, they did it to Chicago as well.  Weird scheduling this year.

20 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

That’s a seriously good idea actually, less opportunity for getting their car stolen or make commencement speeches too 

They should step away from making commencement speeches for awhile.

4 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

They should step away from making commencement speeches for awhile.

If they can make it out of the next month without any more, I think they're in the clear since these things are seasonal.  Really though, some of the onus is going to be on the colleges and universities to not invite professional athletes to speak at graduation, because little in their experience is going to be applicable to the graduating class.  Like "Much of my success owes to the fact that I am 7'1" which is of interest to professional basketball organizations."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Thats crazy that they scheduled that way, they did it to Chicago as well.  Weird scheduling this year.

The push for more primetime, streaming, and holiday game slots opens things up for way more opportunities for this. It's only going to get worse unless the NFLPA draws a line at the next CBA.

A lot of teams are going to have 3 games in 11 days because of a Thursday game (Rams also happen in December). I guess the one day could make a big difference but I don't think that's some huge disadvantage compared to other teams

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

A lot of teams are going to have 3 games in 11 days because of a Thursday game (Rams also happen in December). I guess the one day could make a big difference but I don't think that's some huge disadvantage compared to other teams

Thursday games sound good in theory: an NFL game during the week to get a little football fix while waiting for the weekend. But it seems like they're almost always bad games and it doesn't give the teams enough time to prep or recuperate from the last week.  

I know I’m probably being a bit of a boomer here (only 38) but I miss the NFL just being on Sundays and Monday. I don’t need games on Black Friday or games on a random Wednesday. Just give me all damn day Sunday and my Monday night game and I’m a happy camper. Thursday and Saturday for college. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I know I’m probably being a bit of a boomer here (only 38) but I miss the NFL just being on Sundays and Monday. I don’t need games on Black Friday or games on a random Wednesday. Just give me all damn day Sunday and my Monday night game and I’m a happy camper. Thursday and Saturday for college. 

Absolutely. It’s not only a weaker product but guys really are at higher risk with the faster turnaround. I still support the thanksgiving games because of 5he longstanding tradition but Thursday games are just trying to grab more money without considering the negatives. 

• Like 2

This is gross. Also, would still love to trade schedules with the Chiefs (or anyone else) so that they can play a quarter of the league's teams coming off bye weeks. Feels like the most you should get of those is two at the max.