HoboRocket

Who Takes the NFC West Crown in 2024?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Takes the NFC West Crown in 2024

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks
  2. 2. Who is the most improved team compared to 2023?

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks
  3. 3. Which team regressed the most compared to 2024?

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Given the nature of his Contract, what do you think Deebo's trade value is right now?

Looking how it breaks down from a money perspective and the rumors that were floating around in the offseason. They absolutely should look to move him before the season starts and resign Aiyuk.

Maybe a 2nd? I doubt someone sends a first for him. Also, I know I'm in the minority but I think the 49ers HAVE to keep Deebo. Like absolutely must. They're trying to win a Super Bowl NOW. 

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Rams basically lost to every good team they played outside of their division,  minus the Joe Flacco Browns and rookie Anthony Richardson Colts. Now AD is gone, and Stafford is older.

Meanwhile, the 49ers beat the crap out of good teams outside of their division, save for Baltimore. 49ers repeat, and do it with room to spare. Probably get the NFC bye if they stay healthy as well.

I'll assume you aren't counting playoffs when it comes to SF "beating the crap" out of good teams outside of their division.  They seemed to be pretty evenly matched with GB, DET and KC.

12 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Maybe a 2nd? I doubt someone sends a first for him. Also, I know I'm in the minority but I think the 49ers HAVE to keep Deebo. Like absolutely must. They're trying to win a Super Bowl NOW. 

I don't. I don't feel like Deebo really brings much to the table frankly. Like sure he's a stronger Percy Harvin, but Aiyuk and now Pearsall as well with CMC? Deebo seems pretty unnecessary and expensive for the long term.

It's a good thing they paid him when they did I guess before the WR market exploded.

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Rams basically lost to every good team they played outside of their division,  minus the Joe Flacco Browns and rookie Anthony Richardson Colts. Now AD is gone, and Stafford is older.

Meanwhile, the 49ers beat the crap out of good teams outside of their division, save for Baltimore. 49ers repeat, and do it with room to spare. Probably get the NFC bye if they stay healthy as well.

How are you quantifying a "good" team?

The Rams went 6-7 against teams with a winning record. 5-7 if we remove the Niners game, although the Rams were playing backups in that game too.

The Rams finished with the best record in the NFL over the last 8 weeks of the season. Only loss was to the Ravens, in OT. The same Ravens team that blew the Niners out.

Both the Rams and Niners played the Lions more or less the same in the playoffs - especially when you consider the Rams played in hostile Detroit while the Niners were at home.

Yes, the Niners were better last year - but that was last year. And using the outside of the division qualifier is weird, because those games mattered too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

And using the outside of the division qualifier is weird

It's not that weird. The Dolphins used to beat the Tom Brady Patriots once a year, but the Dolphins always stunk. Washington or NYG might beat Philly or Dallas, but they will lose to every other good team they play.
Divisional games carry less weight to me than games vs playoff caliber teams outside of the division. 
If Dallas wins 14 games and is the NFCE winner, and the Eagles beat them- that win has less significance to me than the Eagles beating other teams that win their division.
The Eagles are designed to beat Dallas, so we should beat them once. The Eagles are not designed to beat SF/KC/BAL/DET, so beating them anyways means more to me as far as using regular season to predict future playoff success.

The Rams lost to Cinci when Burrow was barely mobile.
They beat ultra raw rookie Anthony Richardson in OT in his 4th career start.
They lose to Philly.
They lose to Pittsburgh.
They lose to Dalls.
They lose to GB.
They beat the Joe Flacco led Browns. Joe Flacco was on his couch and unemployed 4 days prior to this game.
They lose to Baltimore.
They lose to the Lions in the wildcard.

Those are the games you played against good teams outside of the NFCW. 
You were poop against good teams outside of the NFCW. 2-7, with those 2 wins coming against a raw rookie QB, and Joe Flacco 3 or 4 days removed from his couch.
And now you don't have Aaron Donald.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Danger said:

Given the nature of his Contract, what do you think Deebo's trade value is right now?

Looking how it breaks down from a money perspective and the rumors that were floating around in the offseason. They absolutely should look to move him before the season starts and resign Aiyuk.

4th or so. Maybe a third. That's why he's not going to get traded this year, I think. 

His being there right now doesn't impact the Aiyuk signing. If Aiyuk ultimately goes, I think they just decided they didn't want to pay him what he wanted for team building purposes 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's not that weird. The Dolphins used to beat the Tom Brady Patriots once a year, but the Dolphins always stunk. Washington or NYG might beat Philly or Dallas, but they will lose to every other good team they play.
Divisional games carry less weight to me than games vs playoff caliber teams outside of the division. 
If Dallas wins 14 games and is the NFCE winner, and the Eagles beat them- that win has less significance to me than the Eagles beating other teams that win their division.
The Eagles are designed to beat Dallas, so we should beat them once. The Eagles are not designed to beat SF/KC/BAL/DET, so beating them anyways means more to me as far as using regular season to predict future playoff success.

They lose to Philly.
They lose to Pittsburgh.
They lose to Dalls.
They lose to GB.
They beat the Joe Flacco led Browns. Joe Flacco was on his couch and unemployed 4 days prior to this game.
They lose to Baltimore.

You were poop against good teams outside of the NFCW. 2-7, with those 2 wins coming against a raw rookie QB, and Joe Flacco 3 or 4 days removed from his couch.

Against Cincy, the Rams were without two O-linemen and Cooper Kupp

The loss to Pittsburgh was largely due to the kicker, who has since been replaced

Green Bay was with Brett Rypien starting. 

The Browns and Colts were good regardless of who they used at QB last season.

Donald had his weakest season last year. Kobie had more sacks with fewer snaps while being double teamed at a higher rate and they just drafted several pass rushers.

Considering how dependent the team was on rookies, I'd say a slow start was expected and they performed well under the circumstances. It's not like they got utterly dominated in most of these games.

Edited by Football_Bachelor08

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

They lose to Philly.
They lose to Pittsburgh.
They lose to Dalls.
They lose to GB.
They lose to Baltimore.

As weather is a playing field equalizer, divisional games also level out a playing field.  Look at some of the worse teams historically and some of the best teams historically, when the 9es went 2-14 before drafting Alex Smith their 2 wins were in division.

1 loss teams in the last 20 years

2015:  15-1 panthers lost at Atlanta

2011: 15-1 packers lost to KC

2004:  15-1 steelers lose to Balt

that is 2 of the 3 potentially perfect season broke by a divisional rival, divisional games just hit different.  

Edit:  Probably should have quoted the other guy, this is me agreeing with you.

Edited by burlow

Posted (edited)

The refs gave Pitt that game. Everyone and their mother knows that. They stole a first down conversion with little time left for the win. That was the most wtf moment since the saints rams game nfc championship game. 

he wasn’t even close to getting that first down! At all. 

Edited by El Ramster

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

The refs gave Pitt that game. Everyone and their mother knows that. They stole a first down conversion with little time left for the win. That was the most wtf moment since the saints rams game nfc championship game. 

he wasn’t even close to getting that first down! At all. 

Just like the NFL gave the Rams their recent SB, everyone knows that. Luke Wilson’s penalty was BS. League wanted to force an LA SB in LA. (They tried to give LA Rams a SB a few years prior with the aforementioned Saints call, but the league never thought wonderboy McVay would only score 3 points on his own in the big game).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Duluther said:

Just like the NFL gave the Rams their recent SB, everyone knows that. Luke Wilson’s penalty was BS. League wanted to force an LA SB in LA. (They tried to give LA Rams a SB a few years prior with the aforementioned Saints call, but the league never thought wonderboy McVay would only score 3 points on his own in the big game).

Shut your mouth and take your medications old man. By the letter of the law that was DPI. Not to mention the bengals were gifted a TD by the worse OPI in the history of the NFL. 

Rams earned that super smashing the Cards, Bucs and taking care of the pride months up north. 

We not me. 

On 6/7/2024 at 1:30 PM, El Ramster said:

Shut your mouth and take your medications old man. By the letter of the law that was DPI. Not to mention the bengals were gifted a TD by the worse OPI in the history of the NFL. 

Rams earned that super smashing the Cards, Bucs and taking care of the pride months up north. 

We not me. 

It's ok they ignore the calls the Bengals got away with all game or Higgins making the best tackle of the game. Hard to take people serious with takes like his. Bad calls happen every game from start to finish but we're expected to believe only one changed the outcome of a game the rest didn't matter. Comedy at it's finest.