TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

USWNT through to the finals.  Going to have their hands full vs the winner of Brazil/Spain.

Still the favorites. Whoever comes out of the other side will know they’re going up against the best. Soccer is so tough because one goal can change the entire game and the best team doesn’t always win. Should be a good game. 

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think Spain would be favored over the USA

Before  the games began, I believe it was even odds. Would have been an interesting matchup but Brazil takes them 4-2. Should be a good one for the gold. 

13 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think Spain would be favored over the USA

Spain has taken a nosedive after the team overthrew the manager and put a sock puppet in its place. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think they’ll win much going forward.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

How much is too expensive for a sons first car? Mine was 6900 in like ‘04 but I paid for it myself.

I spent 15k on an almost new Patriot for my son. I didn’t want the headache of repairing an older car while he was away at school. I signed it over to him after he got his first job, relieving me of the insurance cost anyway.

He takes great care of it and makes car payments to himself now so that he can buy his next car in cash.

A lot of the decision making involves whether or not your child is appreciative and responsible.

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

How much is too expensive for a sons first car? Mine was 6900 in like ‘04 but I paid for it myself.

Like socially, or actual cost?  I would suppose whatever you want to spend is not too much, it is your money.  But if you are getting the son a 50k new car, that may be spoiling him.  

My first car was my parent's old car that cost 5,000 brand new off the lot, and it was about 5 years old when I got it.  It didn't have a clock, a radio, power windows, AC, a mirror on the passenger side.  But it did have the most annoying 90s innovation, the automatic seatbelts.  That thing lasted me from 16 until about 28.  I would still have it as a daily driver if I had a place to park it, but it was worth about $400 and I was having to spend about what it was worth every time I had to fix the thing.  Probably could have dumped a couple grand into it and fixed it completely, but I didn't really have the time or the place to put the thing.

Depends 100% on said kids personality.

If its a HS car id go between 5-7k in todays market. If its a college car where theres a lot of miles id go up to 12k maybe.

My first car was a 3k Dodge (1999?) intrepid i paid for straight cash homie. And i beat the hell out of that thing and it was my own money. It lasted 3 years of high school. Senior year i got a sweet (useless but fun) 2 wheel F150. Now i put on a TON of miles in those 3 years cuz i never went home i was always out driving around, but it was still only 3 years before it was decimated. No saying how long it would have taken me to break it if it was just given to me.

Edited by HighCalebR

9 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's a lot more interesting to watch when USA b-ball can't steamroll everyone without having to try.

The world has gotten better. Serbia definitely a heavyweight team, though and they were hitting 3s way above average. Exciting game. France in Paris will be tough but maybe not as tough as this one. 

Edited by Refugee

22 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's a lot more interesting to watch when USA b-ball can't steamroll everyone without having to try.

Even if US b-ball wins the gold that team way underachieved. There is still quite a bit an overall talent gap between the US and every other team in the world. 

What a pitiful first three quarters against Serbia.