TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, if he is insistent on eating a different hotdog, or wearing a different brand's logo, I get it.  It isn't the "most hotdogs eating contest" it is the "Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest."  If I worked at McDonald's, they would probably frown on me wearing a Burger King hat.  He took the sponsorship money, so he can't participate in the event.  

This ☝️ Since Nathan's doesnt produces/sell a vegan hot dog, they're not gonna let this guy win their contest chowing down on them.

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, if he is insistent on eating a different hotdog, or wearing a different brand's logo, I get it.  It isn't the "most hotdogs eating contest" it is the "Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest."  If I worked at McDonald's, they would probably frown on me wearing a Burger King hat.  He took the sponsorship money, so he can't participate in the event.  

...but if he doesn't wear the competitor's logos/colors/etc...

This whole deal is completely idiotic and now has no draw since Kobayashi threw in the towel due to competitive eating destroying his body's sense of consumption and digestion. Makes you think it's time to retire these kinds of contests alongside bullfighting...

1 hour ago, Rosser80 said:

...but if he doesn't wear the competitor's logos/colors/etc...

This whole deal is completely idiotic and now has no draw since Kobayashi threw in the towel due to competitive eating destroying his body's sense of consumption and digestion. Makes you think it's time to retire these kinds of contests alongside bullfighting...

I won't lie, I love the eating challenges.  Like eat a 5 pound burger in an hour type things.  Some of them do get disgusting, but it is kind of neat. It is amazing how some of these guys can put away massive amounts of food.  But I really don't like the hot dog eating contest, everyone looks like a slob, and instead of making me want a hotdog, it makes me not want a hotdog.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I won't lie, I love the eating challenges.  Like eat a 5 pound burger in an hour type things.  Some of them do get disgusting, but it is kind of neat. It is amazing how some of these guys can put away massive amounts of food. 

• Like 4

On 6/11/2024 at 11:34 PM, thrILL! said:

I have a couple coworkers that love eating challenges, I just don’t see the appeal and it’s a little unsettling watching two tiny women race to finish a 3lb burger and a pound of fries…

one has completed this challenge!

Yeah, I have never done an eating challenge.  Not a chance I would finish.  Sometimes I do want to try.  I watched a guy eat 60 some McDonalds hamburgers.  So I wanted to try.  I got 10.  I was done at 8.  Could I have stuffed a couple more down my gullet? Probably.  But I already was stuffed to the gills and didn't want to get sick.  I didn't really eat for two days after that either.  

But I do enjoy watching the guys that make those videos.  At least the ones that don't eat like a dog that has been left in the back yard for two days.  It is impressive.

Going to the brewer game. Wife decided she’s going to wear my personalized jersey because she looks good in it (it’s nice, anyone would look good in it). She’s swimming in the thing it’s too big for her.

She bought me a lame shirt to wear instead.

I’m way more annoyed she wasted money on the lame shirt than I am letting her get nacho cheese on my nice jersey.

But should I be standing my ground here and taking my jersey back or let this slide?

Obviously I’m letting it slide but… is there anything of mine that’s actually mine?

27 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Going to the brewer game. Wife decided she’s going to wear my personalized jersey because she looks good in it (it’s nice, anyone would look good in it). She’s swimming in the thing it’s too big for her.

I’m way more annoyed she wasted money on the lame shirt than I am letting her get nacho cheese on my nice jersey.

But should I be standing my ground here and taking my jersey back or let this slide?

Obviously I’m letting it slide but… is there anything of mine that’s actually mine?

You could start by retrieving your testicles the first time she tells you to watch her purse tonight. 

Kidding. 

It's not important, if it makes her feel good embrace it. Tell her how good she looks in it and just enjoy the whole game experience. Go Brew Crew.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

That ******. 

Ahh who cares. Make more money buy new jersey if you want. Only a problem if it's a known fling.

15 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Be happy that she is going to the game with you.  If she likes the jersey, let her wear it.  If you don't like the other shirt, don't wear it.  

On 6/13/2024 at 9:16 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, I have never done an eating challenge.  Not a chance I would finish.  Sometimes I do want to try.  I watched a guy eat 60 some McDonalds hamburgers.  So I wanted to try.  I got 10.  I was done at 8.  Could I have stuffed a couple more down my gullet? Probably.  But I already was stuffed to the gills and didn't want to get sick.  I didn't really eat for two days after that either.  

But I do enjoy watching the guys that make those videos.  At least the ones that don't eat like a dog that has been left in the back yard for two days.  It is impressive.

I like watching Randy Santel since he lives in Wisconsin and he's a great dude with a fun personality that travels all over the world to do local eating challenges. 

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I like watching Randy Santel since he lives in Wisconsin and he's a great dude with a fun personality that travels all over the world to do local eating challenges. 

He lives in Wisconsin now? I know he was from St Louis, and I think he lived in Springfield MO for a while.  

The most impressive thing I have seen him do:

• Like 1