Fantasy Football General Discussion Thread 2024

AFF

22 hours ago, lancerman said:

Who should I draft second overall. Let's assume CMC was first

Standard or PPR?  Standard I’d almost certainly favor Breece Hall.  PPR it’s between him, Ceedee and Sun God depending on how you feel about the tier 2 RBs/WRs. 

I did my draft 12 team ppr and it gave me an F and I'm projected to go 1-13 I loved it coming out.

QB) Tua, Purdy

RB) Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, Jonathan Brooks, Rico Dowdle, Ty Chandler 

Wr) Garrett Wilson, Marvin Harrison Jr, Waddle, JSN, Khalil Shakir.

Te) Kincaid

Defense) Chiefs 

Kicker) McPherson 

Is it 1-13 bad? I may add Kendre Miller off waivers I put Brooks on IR. I figure one of Brooks or Miller could be league winners. Kamara has gotten less efficient every year.

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I did my draft 12 team ppr and it gave me an F and I'm projected to go 1-13 I loved it coming out.

QB) Tua, Purdy

Te) Kincaid

Defense) Chiefs 

Kicker) McPherson 

Is it 1-13 bad? I may add Kendre Miller off waivers I put Brooks on IR. I figure one of Brooks or Miller could be league winners. Kamara has gotten less efficient every year.

Yeah man this is pretty bad lol. I wouldnt say 1-13, but 3-9ish

On 9/3/2024 at 12:00 AM, thebestever6 said:

QB) Tua, Purdy

Te) Kincaid

Defense) Chiefs 

Kicker) McPherson 

I don't think this is that bad tbh.  Your WRs are stacked for starters and I think Wilson has a great chance at being a top 3 WR this year if Rodgers is at all healthy.  He doesn't have to be great for Wilson to have a major upgrade. And you have a couple nice high upside guys in JSN and Shakir. 

Walker is a solid back and I think he improves on his rookie year numbers this year. Javonte is iffy given not sure how he is used but I have seen many say that his type of knee injury usually takes two years to fully recover.  That being said I think Brooks was a similar injury so he may not be a huge asset but if he comes back I agree he could be on a lot of championship teams.  I would pick up Miller for sure.  Its a lotto ticket and I agree Kamara is creeping towards not being effective.  

Kincaid is my TE3 this year and he has the potential to be TE1. 

QB is a weaker spot but both have some big weeks. I think this will be the make or break of this team is picking the right matchup since both are rated similarly.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think this is that bad tbh.  Your WRs are stacked for starters and I think Wilson has a great chance at being a top 3 WR this year if Rodgers is at all healthy.  He doesn't have to be great for Wilson to have a major upgrade. And you have a couple nice high upside guys in JSN and Shakir. 

Walker is a solid back and I think he improves on his rookie year numbers this year. Javonte is iffy given not sure how he is used but I have seen many say that his type of knee injury usually takes two years to fully recover.  That being said I think Brooks was a similar injury so he may not be a huge asset but if he comes back I agree he could be on a lot of championship teams.  I would pick up Miller for sure.  Its a lotto ticket and I agree Kamara is creeping towards not being effective.  

Kincaid is my TE3 this year and he has the potential to be TE1. 

QB is a weaker spot but both have some big weeks. I think this will be the make or break of this team is picking the right matchup since both are rated similarly.  

Brooks all he tore was acl Todd Gurley came back from that his rookie year I do agree javonte is iffy. thanks for the feedback 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who’s a better stash on IR 

Kendre Miller or Marshawn Lloyd 

I kinda hope Lloyd sits today 

Definitely Lloyd. Better offense, and there's more upside there to me. We know Kendre can't stay healthy & wasn't impressive when he was. We know nothing about Lloyd yet

• 3 weeks later...

So what is everyone/anyone doing with Mark Andrews?  Three weeks of garbage has killed me…

Kmet is on waivers and I have the #1 claim, should I pull the trigger?  

thinking about doing this, adding Kmet and offering a trade of my IR Nick Chubb for other owner’s IR Hockenson.

Thinking Hockenson comes back after his week 6 bye, which coincides with Kmet’s week 7bye.  Thoughts? 

I’m down right considering dropping Andrews to waivers and letting him be someone else’s problem 

Edited by 101Raider

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

So what is everyone/anyone doing with Mark Andrews?  Three weeks of garbage has killed me…

Kmet is on waivers and I have the #1 claim, should I pull the trigger?  

thinking about doing this, adding Kmet and offering a trade of my IR Nick Chubb for other owner’s IR Hockenson.

Thinking Hockenson comes back after his week 6 bye, which coincides with Kmet’s week 7bye.  Thoughts? 

I’m down right considering dropping Andrews to waivers and letting him be someone else’s problem 

I don't love the Andrews thing, but I'm not convinced that the Bears offense is fixed or anything. I think that was a pretty beat up Colts defense that hasn't been great this  year so I'm not sure that I trust Kmet enough to blow #1 waiver priority, but this is really going to depend on your league. Both the league structure and the personality of your league. Are other managers in your league extremely active on the wire and you can get pretty high up in the priority again relatively quickly? Is it a deep or shallow league ? What are the odds that someone you'd really want would get cut at some point? 

If waivers is tight, I'm content to sit back and let waivers roll and then maybe pick up someone like Conklin ? Also, a guy like Kraft is a sneaky pick up. I think he was dropped ina  lot of leagues with Willis coming in, but with Love coming back in short order, I think that could be a winning add moving forward (I know Kraft got nicked up yesterday - unsure of the severity....if it's serious, try Musgrave). Hunter Henry if he's out there, etc. 

• Like 1