Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Cute

Silly me, expecting the thing to happen to the Bucks that's happened two years in a row. Basketball players famously get healthier as they age into their thirties, so I'm sure this year'll be different! I bet Embiid and Kawhi are gonna be fully healthy for the playoffs too!

Edited by redsoxsuck05

From what Im seeing the Nets have (15) 1st round picks in the next 7yrs. (4) in next years draft. They just swapped next years 1st round pick with the Rockets basically to get their own pick back. So they can go full on tank mode and try to get the 1st overall pick next year. But yeah its clear what Brooklyn is doing getting all these draft picks and they arent done. I think they trade for more picks

I hope the Knicks can keep everybody. That could be a really fun team with Hartenstein, OG, Randle, and the Nova boys. I figure the most likely candidate to be shipped out is either Randle or Mitch, right? I think they'll try their best to bring back OG and Hartenstein. 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope the Knicks can keep everybody. That could be a really fun team with Hartenstein, OG, Randle, and the Nova boys. I figure the most likely candidate to be shipped out is either Randle or Mitch, right? I think they'll try their best to bring back OG and Hartenstein. 

I don't think they have bird rights for I-Hart, so he would be wise to go somewhere like OKC where he can still win and get much more money. Role players coming off career years shouldn't be taking discounts.

The problem(s) with Randle is that he's almost 30, he's often injured, he's really streaky, and he sucks in the playoffs. People talk about what teams would give up for him, but I think the Knicks would have to give up something to get him taken off our hands.

Mitch is another limited player who often deals with injuries. Problem is that he has ambitions to be a 30 min a game starter.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

the sengun stuff has to be bull**** lol

if not, orlando needs to be on that 

Trading Sengün for Durant would be the dumbest **** ever. How many times do teams want to sacrifice their whole team for this guy?

9 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Silly me, expecting the thing to happen to the Bucks that's happened two years in a row. Basketball players famously get healthier as they age into their thirties, so I'm sure this year'll be different! I bet Embiid and Kawhi are gonna be fully healthy for the playoffs too!

Lol the 29 year old was the one injured in the playoffs the last 2 years, not the old guys. We were so dysfunctional and injured and still had the same record as you and won the same amount of games vs the same opponent. 

Let's just say only one of us has a shot at a title if things go right and it's not the team in New York. 

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol the 29 year old was the one injured in the playoffs the last 2 years, not the old guys. We were so dysfunctional and injured and still had the same record as you and won the same amount of games vs the same opponent. 

Let's just say only one of us has a shot at a title if things go right and it's not the team in New York. 

You haven't won a playoff series in two years because your most important player has trouble staying healthy for an entire season. Would be one thing if he were still 25, but he's turning 30 this year and is extremely reliant on uber athleticism.

Additionally, old man Dame was a downgrade from Jrue, plus Khris and Brook are 3 years worse than they were when y'all won the chip.

Now the correct angle to take against me is to note that the Knicks also lost in the playoffs because their whole roster was injured, and that tends to happen with the way Thibs runs our starters into the ground. But at least we've won a playoff series in the last two years, and we're slightly younger. Y'all be the Midwest Lakers.

The Pacers are the team to not be overlooked because Siakam fit pretty seamlessly and Haliburton is more likely to bounce back from injury at his age than Giannis. Plus they got some unproven younglings like Mathurin and Walker who could surprise. @El Ramster

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 2

Warriors want to trade for PG. Reported yesterday that they don’t want to get rid of the young guys. Podz, Kuminga, TJD. Hard to see them being able to get PG without Kuminga being involved unless he forces himself out by threading to opt out and sign elsewhere and then the Clippers get nothing in return. 

Windy said that they’re willing to give PG the full max that he wants as well. 

Edited by agarcia34