49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

What kind of return would the 49ers be likely to get? 

I assume any team that trades for him will have a long term deal worked out first. 

I doubt that they move him, but I'd definitely assume it's not for less than a first because he doesn't really have a lot of wiggle room. 

I'm assuming he just plays on the 5th year option. He doesn't have a whole lot of leverage to sit or anything. The problem for the niners is that they know time is running out for this group, so I can't see them just yank out Aiyuk for futures and greatly hurt their super bowl chances this year. I think that's what makes a trade difficult. If it's futures, it really has to be worth their while. They could play him on the fifth year option, tag and trade him next year for a second most likely, so there's no incentive to trade him for that. 

The team I'd watch is Washington though. They have two quality receivers, but Aiyuk and Daniels are best friends, Peters was here when the 49ers drafted Aiyuk, and they can actually send someone like Dotson which may be intriguing for a niners team that doesn't have a great avenue of replacing Aiyuk if they move him now. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming he just plays on the 5th year option. He doesn't have a whole lot of leverage to sit or anything. The problem for the niners is that they know time is running out for this group, so I can't see them just yank out Aiyuk for futures and greatly hurt their super bowl chances this year. I think that's what makes a trade difficult. If it's futures, it really has to be worth their while. They could play him on the fifth year option, tag and trade him next year for a second most likely, so there's no incentive to trade him for that. 

Hypothetically, couldn't he threaten to sit playoff games with no repercussions?

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hypothetically, couldn't he threaten to sit playoff games with no repercussions?

Hypothetically? I don't know of any rule in the cba that prohibits it.....but i'm not sure how that is going to play across the league if he wants a big deal. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hypothetically? I don't know of any rule in the cba that prohibits it.....but i'm not sure how that is going to play across the league if he wants a big deal. 

Yeah he'd want to "pull a hamstring" to save face, but the possible threat does mean he has at least some implicit leverage to sit.

And since the 9ers are pretty good about not needing to use the tag, he could gamble and do something similar while he's IR/PUP'd for the league year. Find some minor arthroscopic procedure, every single one of these guys has something they could get operated on if they made a stink about it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I doubt that they move him, but I'd definitely assume it's not for less than a first because he doesn't really have a lot of wiggle room. 

The team I'd watch is Washington though. They have two quality receivers, but Aiyuk and Daniels are best friends, Peters was here when the 49ers drafted Aiyuk, and they can actually send someone like Dotson which may be intriguing for a niners team that doesn't have a great avenue of replacing Aiyuk if they move him now. 

I hope we get him, but I don't want to trade our 1st.

I agree with you Forge.

Washington probably doesn't want a part with a 1st....

Niners don't want to trade an intergal part of their Offense for nothing.....

So I can easily see us trading a Dotson or some player & picks for Aiyuk.

Specially, a player who was drafted from Rivera & previous staff members/coaches.

(Although I want to keep Dotson)

There's also been talk & speculation on a 3-team possible trade involving Aiyuk. I think one mentioned Denver.

Either way, should get pretty interesting.

Me personally?  What would I do & offer as. GM?

I would offer CB Emmanuel Forbes(1st Rd pick #16 in 2023) and Rivera drafted regime.

A 3rd Rd pick in 25' & 5th Rd pick in 25'.

That would be my offer.

Hopefully, Peters (GM-Commanders) does better than that on what resources we give up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

What's his grievance exactly? Lack of a longterm deal?

Pretty much. Matt Barrows indicated that the 49ers offered 26 which even I think isn't nearly good enough lol. That said, given the way the offense operates, I understand why they made that offer. They likely aren't going to use him enough to justify 30. But the 49ers wanting to spread the offense out isn't Aiyuk's problem, so I'd hold firm if I were him as well.