Training Camp 2024 Discussion

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

What's crazy is Hamilton is the 5th best corner on the Falcons roster right now. He's a good player. Just may not get much time out there barring injury.

It's funny, he kinda reminds me of Robert Alford who we signed from you guys several years ago. Not an all-pro or even pro bowl, just a solid player when healthy.

10 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

He's white privilege personified. I've never seen anyone fail upwards as much as Kliff has.

Imagine ruining one of the best dual threat QBs ever (Kyler Murray) and then being handed the keys to ruin another all-pro potential dual threat QB in Jayden Daniels

• Like 2

Just now, viking said:

Imagine ruining one of the best dual threat QBs ever (Kyler Murray) and then being handed the keys to ruin another all-pro potential dual threat QB in Jayden Daniels

Hopefully, he's learned from that. Probably why we are seeing Jayden running these quick passing concepts, as well as hurry up no huddle tempo plays.

But to do that, your QB has to have excellent accuracy. A great arm is good, but your accuracy must be excellent to run those comeback routes, hitch, or sideline outs.

Because if it's not? Pick 6

Murray has a great arm. He can run like like the wind. But he's short & doesn't quite have Excellent accuracy. Those are probably 2 things, that possibly handicapped Kliff & his creative mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Hopefully, he's learned from that. Probably why we are seeing Jayden running these quick passing concepts, as well as hurry up no huddle tempo plays.

But to do that, your QB has to have excellent accuracy. A great arm is good, but your accuracy must be excellent to run those comeback routes, hitch, or sideline outs.

Because if it's not? Pick 6

Murray has a great arm. He can run like like the wind. But he's short & doesn't quite have Excellent accuracy. Those are probably 2 things, that possibly handicapped Kliff & his creative mind.

If Kyler Murray "Handicapped Kliff & his creative mind" I'm not sure what working with a lesser prospect is gonna do to Washington's offense.

Scary stuff

16 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

He's white privilege personified. I've never seen anyone fail upwards as much as Kliff has.

He runs the antithesis of a modern offense. Shanahan, Mcvay, McDaniel, Johnson, Reid, LaFleur are putting everyone in motion, all the time. They are generating deep look opportunities and scheming for explosive plays. Kliff won't move his #1 receiver off one side of the field and has his QBs looking at sub-2 second TTT and sub-5 aDOT numbers.

Kliff would actually be good strictly as a run game coordinator. His run concepts are much more inspired. But you need to keep him away from your passing game. He's a straight up detriment there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

It's funny, he kinda reminds me of Robert Alford who we signed from you guys several years ago. Not an all-pro or even pro bowl, just a solid player when healthy.

Alford was probably a dude that deserved 1 Pro Bowl in his career. But Trufant always overshadowed him. IF he makes that INT in the Super Bowl on that play that Edelman had that catch, he's probably SB51 MVP that day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

No that's literally what he did in Arizona that killed the offense. Murray was fantastic; Kliff's playcalling was by far the biggest issue. Everything is so heavily scripted that WRs would give up on routes because they knew they wouldn't get the ball. Kyler hit AJ Green in the back of the head SEVERAL times. Kliff's screens were so predictable that they were a guaranteed loss of yards.

This is how in early 2022 Cardinals fans and NFL commentators were talking about how amazing Kyler Murray while his numbers were crap. He'd make a completion for 17 yards, and then a completion for a loss of 3. Every. Freaking. Drive.

And then Kliff's ego made him go psycho on the sideline when Kyler would audible out of his play calls. But Kliff's play calls are terrible for the flow of the offense. It's no-huddle after negative plays, it's up tempo on passing downs so there's no adjusting pass pro, it's taking boom or bust plays like WR screens on 1st and 2nd down so the QB has to convert 3rd and very long multiple times a drive. 

Kliff's offense was effective until opposing teams figured out the rhythm. The whole offense is about catching your opponent off guard by making them defend screens and hitting them with no huddle when they don't expect it. But once they know what to expect (which is really easy because the offense lacks variety) they can shut you down. 

Kliff killed Larry Fitz, AJ Green, and DeAndre Hopkins. That's terrifying if you're a Washington fan imo.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He runs the antithesis of a modern offense. Shanahan, Mcvay, McDaniel, Johnson, Reid, LaFleur are putting everyone in motion, all the time. They are generating deep look opportunities and scheming for explosive plays. Kliff won't move his #1 receiver off one side of the field and has his QBs looking at sub-2 second TTT and sub-5 aDOT numbers.

Kliff would actually be good strictly as a run game coordinator. His run concepts are much more inspired. But you need to keep him away from your passing game. He's a straight up detriment there.

So Kliff === Greg Roman?!?!

51 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

No that's literally what he did in Arizona that killed the offense. Murray was fantastic; Kliff's playcalling was by far the biggest issue. Everything is so heavily scripted that WRs would give up on routes because they knew they wouldn't get the ball. Kyler hit AJ Green in the back of the head SEVERAL times. Kliff's screens were so predictable that they were a guaranteed loss of yards.

This is how in early 2022 Cardinals fans and NFL commentators were talking about how amazing Kyler Murray while his numbers were crap. He'd make a completion for 17 yards, and then a completion for a loss of 3. Every. Freaking. Drive.

And then Kliff's ego made him go psycho on the sideline when Kyler would audible out of his play calls. But Kliff's play calls are terrible for the flow of the offense. It's no-huddle after negative plays, it's up tempo on passing downs so there's no adjusting pass pro, it's taking boom or bust plays like WR screens on 1st and 2nd down so the QB has to convert 3rd and very long multiple times a drive. 

Kliff's offense was effective until opposing teams figured out the rhythm. The whole offense is about catching your opponent off guard by making them defend screens and hitting them with no huddle when they don't expect it. But once they know what to expect (which is really easy because the offense lacks variety) they can shut you down. 

Kliff killed Larry Fitz, AJ Green, and DeAndre Hopkins. That's terrifying if you're a Washington fan imo.

Enjoyed this Hobo. Great read, and I could feel your anger coming through lol

any defensive coordinator worth his salt would be licking his lips and laughing his A off at the prospect of facing that.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

Perhaps what you guys say about Kliff in Arizona is 100% accurate. Basically saying he's predictable.

But he's not the Head Coach for Washington.

He's the Offensive Coordinator, here.

Some people are great Coordinators, but not so great coaches & vise versa.

Hopefully in our case, that is to be true.

Either way, I'm not too concerned.

Dan Quinn is pretty good at both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Perhaps what you guys say about Kliff in Arizona is 100% accurate. Basically saying he's predictable.

But he's not the Head Coach for Washington.

He's the Offensive Coordinator, here.

Some people are great Coordinators, but not so great coaches & vise versa.

Hopefully in our case, that is to be true.

Either way, I'm not too concerned.

Dan Quinn is pretty good at both.

And honestly, I like Dan Quinn. I think he's an amazing DC who has also had some high highs as a head coach. I think he could be good for a long time in Washington. I'm just not bullish on Kliff Kingsbury's offense in the NFL. I think where it falters in the NFL versus college is just the prep level.

When you're in the college game, obviously people are still taking it seriously, but it's much easier to catch opponents off guard. And even in college, Kliff had like a .400 record against Big 12 schools.

In the NFL, it's a lot harder to consistently catch your opponent off guard without misdirection. And Kliff doesn't really use misdirection.