Packers extend QB Jordan Love (4 years, $220M, $155M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

No not really. MLB contracts are stupid. NBA contracts are stupid. Soccer contracts over seas, are stupid. They are all guaranteed!

I’ll agree on that. But no way should someone with so little experience be getting that bag. I mean, good for him, but no way should he get that deal. 

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I’ll agree on that. But no way should someone with so little experience be getting that bag. I mean, good for him, but no way should he get that deal. 

While I agree you forget he spent 3 yrs in the building behind Rodgers. They know exactly what they are getting. 

They like every single other Franchise not named KC, is hoping their $50M QB can take them to the promise land.

15 minutes ago, DawgX said:

That's a lot of money for a dude who's has had like 9 days of good work at his job.

Eh? Love balled out in the final 85% of training camp last year. I even predicted him to scorch the Bears Week 1. 

The dude is a legit talent. Can fit in ball into a peanut size window, excellent at keeping the play alive and finding the open man, calculated but frequent risk taker, excellent pocket awareness. Not one of those jittery pocket guys like Dak, Kirk, Carr, etc where they panic under even a tiny bit of duress. 

The Love draft hate was never warranted either. His sophomore tape is literally as good as it gets. Play extension, absolute pinpoint deep and intermediate balls where only his guy can catch it, great arm, and just always making plays. 

His Junior season he lost 9 starters on offense and his Head Coach and his OC. The new coaching should not even be coaching Middle School. He played Hero Ball all season trying to save the team. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hmmm after one year as a starter? 

Good luck, Packers

Says one of the biggest Jordan Love critics there is and hyped up Derek Carr for years. Look at all the guys I hyped up getting paid…. Burrow, Tua, Love, etc. While I would bet this is Carr’s final year in the NFL as a starting QB. We should have drafted a QB in that 2020 class. And it’s not hindsight. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know a lot of people are going to support this move because "That's just how the market is for QBs"... but making Jordan Love the highest paid QB ever for what... 8 great games?

Ehhhhhh....

In a little over a year he'll probably be like the 7th highest paid QB. Cap keeps going up yearly, next crop of QB's gonna surpass the prior ones contracts and established guys gonna rework their own deals to match/exceed the current market. The cycle continues

36 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm still convinced Jerry will move on from Dak if the Cowboys choke yet again in the playoffs. 

He's an Idiot we all know that but not extending Dak last season at say 50M (before the last 8 QB), just cost him an extra $10M APY a season if he truly intended on resigning him along, which im starting to doubt?

SF is in no hurry to go from $985K this season to $55-$57M next year. They too might take advantage of Mr. Irrelevant's draft status to keep all of those players with massive cap hits coming up, 49ers. Even if Purdy is deserving of a New Contract or not.

0% chance that Jerry is going to move on from Dak.  That $40M in dead cap in 2025 looms too large.  And given that their current depth chart behind Dak is Cooper Rush and Trey Lance, they don't have a starting QB on that roster and they're probably not going to be anywhere near bad enough to select one high.  Not to mention, we all know Jerry doesn't have the patience to hope another young QB figures things out.  Dak will get extended sooner rather than later.  And with he season he just had, Dak absolutely should be looking to beat Joe Burrow's deal.

San Francisco is in such a weird spot.  They're already a projected $38M over the salary cap, and that doesn't include a potential Brandon Aiyuk extension, any of their other potential FAs (Hufanga), or the Trent Williams holdout.  Maybe @Forge has a better idea, but the Niners seem to be having some tough decisions coming.

This contract is based on an even smaller sample size of good games than Daniel Jones had. 😬

But I get it. The NFL is the church of what's happening now--or in the offseason, what happened most recently. And in his last meaningful games, Love absolutely looked like the future of his team. Jones, needless to say, did not.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Says one of the biggest Jordan Love critics there is and hyped up Derek Carr for years. Look at all the guys I hyped up getting paid…. Burrow, Tua, Love, etc. While I would bet this is Carr’s final year in the NFL as a starting QB. We should have drafted a QB in that 2020 class. And it’s not hindsight. 

Oh my god.... I never hyped up Carr. Give it a rest already.

And Love went into the perfect situation and, again, only has one good year. One. Let me know if you need a list of QBs who only had one good year

Way to pat yourself on the back as well. Good to know you're still not to be taken seriously

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

43 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You also had Fromm and Eason ahead of Herbert that year, so…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

You also had Fromm and Eason ahead of Herbert that year, so…

I whiffed on Herbert, man enough to admit it and admitted it fast. Unlike all the Derek Carr stans or Jordan Love haters. They’ll go to the grave with their takes.