Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

Bom dia comunidade! May whatever mundane task you have to do between now and kickoff be swift and uneventful. May your grills provide sustenance, your cup runeth over and your beloved Packers take the first victory on South American soil in the history of the game. I hope this season is special, they all are. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

this is what I'm getting at.

He's better than the qb we saw in the first half of the season.  And the team is better too.

He's probably not quite the player we saw after week 10 and into the playoffs.  That player would be runaway MVP. 

But Expecting GB passing game to be somewhere in the 3rd-8th range with elite production in the NFL I think is a totally realistic projection.  In the context of "passing game" this arrow is pointing way up. 

But the last 8 games GB played last year is an unsustainable pace.

Looking at his year-long numbers, 64% 5.5% td pct ~2% int pct 96+ rating is in the vicinity of Mahomes last couple seasons. 

Obviously there's more to Mahomes than the numbers but still that ain't a bad neighborhood to be in

34 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Looking at his year-long numbers, 64% 5.5% td pct ~2% int pct 96+ rating is in the vicinity of Mahomes last couple seasons. 

Obviously there's more to Mahomes than the numbers but still that ain't a bad neighborhood to be in

much closer to stafford's career numbers than mahomes.

Last time GB opened their season with a road game against Philly, they won the SB.

History repeats itself ( example - WW1, WW2 ).

I end my presentation.

Time to check flights and hotels for New Orleans in early February, where if the stars align, history could also repeat itself with a second GB SB win in the big easy.

• Like 3

Well, almost the end of talking and time for doing.  Got a bit of the pregame first game jitters building now but those always end by kickoff.

While I do expect our defense to finally come out and be a big difference maker for the first time in a long time, I still feel like our offense needs to set the tone here.  What do we do?  Go for the Watson bomb like we did against Detroit at Thanksgiving?  Get a pass to Jacobs underneath but in open field one on one and see what he can do?  Or see if Musgrave can do his best Kittle impersonation in the middle of the field?

Options for big plays like the Chiefs sometimes had last night are there.  Hopefully LaFleur uses them without wasting them.

37 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

After both of these teams jumped into the deep end of the UFA RB market, it will be interesting to see whether Jacobs or Barkley clearly outperforms the other tonight.

That Philly run defense is pretty good.  Hoping it's Jacobs, but we may have to beat them through the air.