Ongoing Cutdown Day Moves

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Plenty of decent receivers getting released too though. Should b some musical chairs. 

My best friend is a Steelers fan. I’ll die if he gets Toney 

6 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Best thing for him is to spend a year on a practice squad imo. 

Definitely. Felt like we heard good things about him right at the start, when it was just rookies and workouts and stuff, and then the hype faded as we got to actual installs and schemes and such. Likely means he just isn't ready yet. He'll be on someone's PS for sure as long as he's willing, though.

• Like 2

Who could have seen that Cam Latu was an awful, awful pick? 

Certainly not me....I mean, I just thought it was a worse pick than taking a kicker in the third round

On 4/29/2023 at 3:58 PM, Forge said:

The only pick that was truly egregious was latu. At least there was some logic to the Moody pick, I just think it's bad process. 

Latu pick felt like a team that freaked out over the number of tight ends going on day 2 and had to get the guy they liked 

On 5/1/2023 at 11:20 AM, Forge said:

#101 - Cameron Latu, TE: F. As much as I can't get behind the process for Moody, again, at least i understand the pick. There's at least some logic to it. I haaaaaaaaaaaaate this pick. Pick for pick one of my least favorite picks in the draft of any team (DJ Johnson and Luke Schoonmaker were also up there). When the niners were talking to him, I thought he was a good fall back on day three if they couldn't get in on the deep TE run on day 2. If this pick is in the 6th, its a B. If it's the 5th, it's probably a C+. This absolutely reeks of a team that freaked out at the number of tight ends coming off the board on day 2 and had to get the guy that they spent time with and liked. Latu has no athletic upside, he's not a prolific blocker...doesn't brake tackles...hands are meh. This smells like a guy who maybe is a TE 2 at the next level and thats probably the extent of the upside. He's a comparable prospect to me as the Brayden Willis who the niners took in round 7....that should not happen lol. If this is the tight end you're ending up with, I'm just waiting for round 5/6 and seeing who is available. Making a move for Will Mallory who actually has traits to develop seems like a far superior option, for example. There were sooooo many prospects I would have rather taken here  and then just thrown darts at this position in the last 3 rounds since Latu fits in that group. Seems like a guy that will have some plays against zone coverage and maybe be a redzone threat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Best thing for him is to spend a year on a practice squad imo. 

Wasn't he a free additional slot to the 53 man roster due to being International Player Pipeline? Or is that just a free extra spot on the PS and the roster is always 53 max?