James Harrison Released

Chieferific

Essex called the James intel thing exaggerated. But part of his argument was focused on how normal teams operate. As in, normal teams don't have a guy like Ernie Adams who has been known to interview/quiz players acquired from teams and then put it in a digestable format for the players.

I'm not going to sit here and worry about Harrison. He's not the victim. He's a guy who got old, but his ego didn't fully adjust.

Saw this video of him working out at the team's facility ( at least that's what it looks like to me) and after every set he'd scream out "And they got me standing on the sideline" or something to that affect. I didn't see it as such a big deal but maybe the coaching staff did?

Does anyone think for a second Harrison was quiet behind closed doors? I mean, if that guys popping off publicly, you think it was a secret to the guys in the LB room with him or the coaches?

I mean, look at his behavior in that video. Or his posts when he was in the injury list.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Does anyone think for a second Harrison was quiet behind closed doors? I mean, if that guys popping off publicly, you think it was a secret to the guys in the LB room with him or the coaches?

I mean, look at his behavior in that video. Or his posts when he was in the injury list.

I would guess he wasn't as polite as in the video or social media.  This looks more like he wanted out because of being on the sidelines too much (according to him) and they released  him  and he might have asked for the release. IF the team really needed to make rook, they could have released any number of players, but the release of #92 is more of a behind the scenes explanation that we might eventually learn some about.  

As it is, he probably can't wait to play as a stand up DE and can't wait to play us. I just hope he doesn't have a ravens game vs the steelers. 

As for dupree and there mentor comment, he better produce more before he makes remarks that draw attention. Social media is a distraction, and these players don't handle it as well as they could and yet the coaches appear to not have much control over this either.  Celebrations, lousy rules, excess commercials, bad commentary and immature social media is what makes the nfl in 2017 and beyond. The league keeps getting worse doesn't it?

Team probably should have suspended him. But he was James Harrison. Suspending him would have been a bigger PR disaster than releasing him. And it's not really Tomlin's way, sort of like Blount a few years back.

As it is, he probably can't wait to play as a stand up DE and can't wait to play us. I just hope he doesn't have a ravens game vs the steelers. 

Yea, I'm not worried about that. I'm only slightly more worried about what information Ernie can extract out of him. Harrison is going to play very limited snaps for the Patriots at most. They expect precision from their players, and they aren't going to trot out a 39 year old pass rusher who can't learn the playbook or gameplan to the level they expect.

As for dupree and there mentor comment, he better produce more before he makes remarks that draw attention. Social media is a distraction, and these players don't handle it as well as they could and yet the coaches appear to not have much control over this either.  Celebrations, lousy rules, excess commercials, bad commentary and immature social media is what makes the nfl in 2017 and beyond. The league keeps getting worse doesn't it?

The  team here is rallying around their head coach and the organization.

Harrison is the guy who, in the off-season following a Super Bowl loss, popped off about his teammates to a GQ reporter. He's been given a very long leash by this organization and twice now made really stupid decisions out of spite and pettiness. This one takes the cake by far. All the people talking about Harrison having to pay his bills and feed his family make me laugh. The guy forced his way out to go make vet minimum for the Patriots because his ego was wounded. He cares so much about getting that next ring, I guess, huh? Sticking it to the Steelers for playing Bud Dupree and Watt over him is worth it? Acting like an *** for weeks is worth it?

Archived