Packers QB Jordan Love suffers knee injury

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Soko said:

The next 4-6 games are winnable with a backup, but they’re not gimme’s. Colts, Titans, Vikings, Rams, Cardinals, Texans, in order. 

Green Bay probably needs to, at worst, split those to stay in contention (3-4) because their next stretch of games is tough. Jaguars, Lions, Bears, 49ers, Dolphins, Lions, Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, Bears. 8 out of 10 games against teams that, IMO, have a decent shot at the playoffs. 

I don’t think Malik’s enough.

I would maybe pick Green Bay to beat the Vikings at home in that stretch without Love, but even that I'd be hesitant about

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I would maybe pick Green Bay to beat the Vikings at home in that stretch without Love, but even that I'd be hesitant about

GB won’t be favored in any game especially with Willis at the helm

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

FWIW, “with a backup” implied not Malik Willis, lol.

He’ll probably be out the whole year. They’ll sting it along. But that’s bad man. Because you never know when it might just fully tear. Just gotta keep the season ticket holders happy. My guess is that they’ll release he’s out by week 7. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

There have been various reports about Love’s timeline for return.

• Tom Pelissero of NFL Media notes it could take three-to-six weeks for Love to come back.
  • Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports it’s between a Grade 1 and Grade 2 MCL sprain, which will sideline Love for “a few weeks.”
  • Rob Demovsky of ESPN reports the Packers hope it’s a three-to-four-week injury.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jordan-love-suffered-mcl-injury-timeline-for-return-tbd

this is all hopes and speculation

Honestly, GB would be nuts not to offer a conditional 5th (that could be a 4th) for a serviceable backup that can just not make mistakes and hit the open guy 80+ percent of the time.    Sadly Willis isn't that guy.

You can hope to go 2-2 the next 4 weeks, but a Willis-run O has a real possibility to go 1-3 or 0-4...no matter the opponent.     Then you're talking about a lost season looming.

Whether it's Ryan Tannehill, or it's trading for a 3rd QB on a team that doesn't really need them, it's still 100x better than Willis running the show.   And let's not forget Love's risk of reinjury this year will be sky high.   

Saying it's "only" 4+ games...is so myopic.   ESP since GB probably doesn't need to part ways with anything more than a day 3 pick to get a stopgap guy.   I'm not talking Jameis or Flacco.   DEN would probably do a 5th for Stidham, SF for Dobbs,  BAL for Huntley.....you get the idea.   If all the teams decide to try to hold GB for a ransom, OK I get it.  But there are so many "meh" QB3's who are still 100x better than Malik Willis in running an O next week and the rest of Sept / early Oct....I hope the GM is making calls.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

Man, I think they'd be in great shape if they could get Jameis on the cheap. They'd even win some games with a nick mullens. If the defense is as shoddy as it looked yesterday they're going to need something different than a game manager.  With all of the weapons they have and that defense their QB should really be able to push down field, (and will probably have to.)

7 hours ago, Soko said:

Overestimating Malik Willis, lol. He’s an athlete with a big arm, not a quarterback. 

He's also the only QB on the roster who knows the offense outside of love, they'll probably bring back a practice squad guy they cut and have him be no.2 probably bring back clifford since he actually knows the offense. 

55 minutes ago, Xmad said:

He's also the only QB on the roster who knows the offense outside of love, they'll probably bring back a practice squad guy they cut and have him be no.2 probably bring back clifford since he actually knows the offense. 

Does Willis know the offense? He's been a Packer for 13 days.

The realistic options are those QB that have played in LeFluer's system.  I have no idea who that might be but asking or expecting a Josh Dobbs type short term success like last year from Tannehill or another is a pipe dream in my opinion. 

In the last 2 seasons, are any of the QB's who were on the Team/PS out there for the taking?

Familiarity with the building,  it's players and scheme is what's most important. 

• Like 1