Cold Winter Nights Mafia CIVS WIN

Dome

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Still think the best kill tonight is someone other than Bucs.  If he can't be killed till the rest are dead, we are wasting a lynch, if he needs to be lynched twice, well he's already been lynched once so we can attempt to look for and kill one of the other scums tonight.  Right now this "lynch bucs again" BW is doing nothing to try and help us figure out the others we need to remove and everything to help the scum figure out who civs are and who to take out.

Seeing who hops on the BW and who doesnt definitely gives some reads.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Seeing who hops on the BW and who doesnt definitely gives some reads.

Nearly everyone hopped on.  Such as the new guy who has barely posted, but saw the bucs bw, and mentioned it as he voted and disappeared again.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Still think the best kill tonight is someone other than Bucs.  If he can't be killed till the rest are dead, we are wasting a lynch, if he needs to be lynched twice, well he's already been lynched once so we can attempt to look for and kill one of the other scums tonight.  Right now this "lynch bucs again" BW is doing nothing to try and help us figure out the others we need to remove and everything to help the scum figure out who civs are and who to take out.

The problem is, if we let Bucs slide he may do more damage in the interim.

I say if you know someone is dirty, you go after it right away.

If anyone has any role based reason to believe a Bucs lynch would fail again (or that there is ANOTHER known scum out there), then I might change my mind. But I'm not changing based on speculation.

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

Nearly everyone hopped on.  Such as the new guy who has barely posted, but saw the bucs bw, and mentioned it as he voted and disappeared again.

LTBF is being oddly quite, could be bc he is new or trying to lay low, hard to get a read on him

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If anyone has any role based reason to believe a Bucs lynch would fail again (or that there is ANOTHER known scum out there), then I might change my mind. But I'm not changing based on speculation.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Well all we have is speculation as outing yourself with a powerful role right now would be horrible unless you have 100% certainty another scum.

I'm staying on Math, as I mentioned in my original reason for voting for him, he comes in talking about how we should vote who we think are scum not go for the tie, then disappears, which I pointed out in my original vote for him on D1 and how since I hadn't played with him before it might just be his style.  He comes back at me with:

16 hours ago, MathMan said:

Or maybe mafia told you that it's not my normal style.

Which I obviously didn't touch with a 10ft pole after getting lynched last game, though it was a good lynch, for trying to defend myself.  But surprisingly for a player who seems rather good at this game and logical, he doesn't even bother going back to make sure I answered the question as though he already knew that I wasn't part of the mafia and started a BW on Bucs.  If anything my refusal that answer would've probably been an easier sell than "bucs doesn't seem to be acting normal, we should get a bw on him" then everyone jumped there freeing up MD4L and Pats.  Doing so though not only saves a scum from possible lynching, as even trying to swing votes isn't a guarantee especially if 2-3 of you are one the other already in a tight race, but it gives him "civ cred" for leading a random bw onto a scum.

7 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

LTBF is being oddly quite, could be bc he is new or trying to lay low, hard to get a read on him

Hmmm, cant say you have been much more vocal, maybe you have something to hide now. 

The way I see it, the people trying to get the votes off Bucs is in some way associated with him

Or

The people pushing hard for Bucs know he is immune still and it's a wasted lynch. 

Only way to find out is pick a side a get a lynching. Im not sure where to side yet, so for now I stick with Bucs 

20 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If his power is him being unlynchable, wouldn't voting for him be doing the damage we're trying to avoid? Voting him and not voting for scum we can actually kill?

I agree he's scum, and finding him this early is big - but if we continue to vote for him, we're in essence playing right into his strength. 

I say leave Bucs and let a civ special knock him out.

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If his power is him being unlynchable, wouldn't voting for him be doing the damage we're trying to avoid? Voting him and not voting for scum we can actually kill?

I agree he's scum, and finding him this early is big - but if we continue to vote for him, we're in essence playing right into his strength. 

I say leave Bucs and let a civ special knock him out.

If it can be guaranteed that someone has a special power to knock him out and will us it, I'd be all for going after someone else to try and find the other scum 

Just now, LetTheBallFly said:

Hmmm, cant say you have been much more vocal, maybe you have something to hide now. 

The way I see it, the people trying to get the votes off Bucs is in some way associated with him

Or

The people pushing hard for Bucs know he is immune still and it's a wasted lynch. 

Only way to find out is pick a side a get a lynching. Im not sure where to side yet, so for now I stick with Bucs 

Unless his immunity can be refreshed, getting votes off him doesn't do much good as regardless we know he's scum and will get lynched at some point.  The main case for trying again is obviously if he has an ability that will let him kill someone though being unlynchable and the ability to kill before the rest are dead is a little OP, otherwise to not kill him are that he's still immune to being lynched and that it causes people to stop paying attention to other potential scum members as it's an easy lynch day and gives the scum more chances to pick off a civ with a special without us actively seeking out another scum.

I see that it's 1 reason to vote and 2 reasons against, but no one is getting swayed by me.  Like you for example are obviously following the thread, you jumped in fairly quickly once you were brought up again, without even being tagged which would let you know to look, and popped in with some generic comment that provides no real insight as the situation laid out is obvious.  The only issue is if there are only 3 Scum, then that would put you on the outside looking in for who I think would be, as bucs as confirmed as can be as either scum or an other, while I would put the others as Math and Pats or MD4L, with LTBF being a distant 4th in the situation, mostly brought back in if bucs ends up as an other and not scum I would add you as the 3rd.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I'm not mafia. I'm an other.

And I'm pretty sure this is only the second time I've ever been an other in the (literally) hundreds of games I've played. 

Lemme guess, Dracula looking to get the Hot Blonde?  So cliche.

Archived