Browns QB Deshaun Watson Has New Charges Brought From Alleged Oct. 2020 Assault

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

44 minutes ago, August4th said:

sounds like another suspension could be coming 

Yes and no. It won’t happen this year unfortunately and the verbiage the NFL used about letting the legal process play out will be a very long process unless that video is an absolute disaster ala the Rice one. On a human level I really hope it’s not horrific but if what he did was horrific I hope it’s enough to warrant draconian measures.

• Like 2

Were all the previous allegations based on a "massage" encounter that went wrong?

This one seems different, insofar it was supposed to be a date. So I'm not sure if they fall under the category of "similar violations"

"Pelissero reported Friday that Thursday's settlement covers the four cases disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson ruled on in determining Watson's initial discipline, as well as any substantially similar violations before the date of the agreement (Aug. 18). That means that new allegations of the same conduct from 2019-2021 would not be subject to NFL investigation or discipline, per Pelissero. The NFL, however, could still investigate if new allegations arise against Watson that are different in nature."

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Were all the previous allegations based on a "massage" encounter that went wrong?

This one seems different, insofar it was supposed to be a date. So I'm not sure if they fall under the category of "similar violations"

"Pelissero reported Friday that Thursday's settlement covers the four cases disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson ruled on in determining Watson's initial discipline, as well as any substantially similar violations before the date of the agreement (Aug. 18). That means that new allegations of the same conduct from 2019-2021 would not be subject to NFL investigation or discipline, per Pelissero. The NFL, however, could still investigate if new allegations arise against Watson that are different in nature."

I covered this before, in page 7.    Sexual misconduct (no threats, no violence, women felt "pressured" by his celebrity and his size, but zero actual acts other than verbal requests for the acts - and that's the plaintiff's version) vs. felony-level assault (rape).   

I'm not a legal expert, but I'm going with "different in nature" by a wide, wide, wide margin.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I covered this before, in page 7.    Sexual misconduct (no threats, no violence, women felt "pressured" by his celebrity and his size, but zero actual acts other than verbal requests for the acts - and that's the plaintiff's version) vs. felony-level assault (rape).   

I'm not a legal expert, but I'm going with "different in nature" by a wide, wide, wide margin.

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/06/15/deshaun-watson-cases-houston-pd-detective-testified-believes-he-committed-crimes

tldr; he's morally guilty but legally innocent since two grand juries failed to indict him (Fair it's very hard to get a jury of peers to go to trial over a he vs. she x 22 said.) 

It varies by incident but the pattern is clear he's a sexual predator. 

And like 90% of sexual predators he will face no repercussions outside being out like maybe 20 million? Big whoop when he's gonna make like $300,000,000-ish million during his career.

50 minutes ago, Xmad said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/06/15/deshaun-watson-cases-houston-pd-detective-testified-believes-he-committed-crimes

tldr; he's morally guilty but legally innocent since two grand juries failed to indict him (Fair it's very hard to get a jury of peers to go to trial over a he vs. she x 22 said.) 

It varies by incident but the pattern is clear he's a sexual predator. 

And like 90% of sexual predators he will face no repercussions outside being out like maybe 20 million? Big whoop when he's gonna make like $300,000,000-ish million during his career.

Here's the thing - it only matters if he's guilty by NFL standards.   He was found gullty by the NFL 1x.   It doesn't matter what the next outcome is legally - the NFL's investigation will decide his fate.   Again, if the NFL considers this a 2nd offence that is different in nature (and it is a rape allegation, so not hard to see it as different) - then he's out 145M going forward.   I wouldn't count the 300M as in the bank (150M isn't anything to sniff at, obv).

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Here's the thing - it only matters if he's guilty by NFL standards.   He was found gullty by the NFL 1x.   It doesn't matter what the next outcome is legally - the NFL's investigation will decide his fate.   Again, if the NFL considers this a 2nd offence that is different in nature (and it is a rape allegation, so not hard to see it as different) - then he's out 145M going forward.   I wouldn't count the 300M as in the bank (150M isn't anything to sniff at, obv).

He is and was guilty by NFL standards. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-qb-deshaun-watson-suspended-11-games-fined-5-million-following-settlement

There is no more investigation to come. It's over he was punished for all of the allegations at the time and likely can't be punished for any further events from that timeframe. 

The NFL has zero interest in digging this corpse back up and trying to re-punish watson for something he already did. 

Even if it's just now coming to light i guarantee you the NFLPA settlement between him and the NFL covers any and all future allegations from X timeframe or X incidental period cannot be further used to punish X client. 

It's news, but it's not new news. It's just another victim coming forward to get compensation for their suffering, hopefully it's settled quickly and given sufficient enough media coverage to remind everyone Deshaun Watson should be in jail right now.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Xmad said:

He is and was guilty by NFL standards. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-qb-deshaun-watson-suspended-11-games-fined-5-million-following-settlement

There is no more investigation to come. It's over he was punished for all of the allegations at the time and likely can't be punished for any further events from that timeframe. 

The NFL has zero interest in digging this corpse back up and trying to re-punish watson for something he already did. 

Even if it's just now coming to light i guarantee you the NFLPA settlement between him and the NFL covers any and all future allegations from X timeframe or X incidental period cannot be further used to punish X client. 

It's news, but it's not new news. It's just another victim coming forward to get compensation for their suffering, hopefully it's settled quickly and given sufficient enough media coverage to remind everyone Deshaun Watson should be in jail right now.

Unless there is a violation that is seen as separate.   Felony-level sexual assault on a date vs. sexual misconduct with massages.    

You think they'll be treated the same way, but here's the thing - the NFL gets to decide.   That's the problem here.   They can easily say it's different.   It wasn't disclosed, and the nature of the violation does not ring similarly to the other violations.

I have no dog in this show, frankly I think CLE should get stuck with the bill for being so short-sighted and willfully blind to Watson's case (and I vigorously asserted Watson was a creep b4 based on the accusers' accounts - but not at level of a rapist - so didn't think he would get a career-altering penalty at that time).    I think it's more than 50/50 he loses all guarantees this time, especially if there's video that even simply confirms the plaintiff & he did meet up.  Again, it's not the courts, but the league's burden, that has to be met.  And we know they're far from the same.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Unless there is a violation that is seen as separate.   Felony-level sexual assault on a date vs. sexual misconduct with massages.    

You think they'll be treated the same way, but here's the thing - the NFL gets to decide.   That's the problem here.   They can easily say it's different.   It wasn't disclosed, and the nature of the violation does not ring similarly to the other violations.

I have no dog in this show, frankly I think CLE should get stuck with the bill for being so short-sighted and willfully blind to Watson's case (and I vigorously asserted Watson was a creep b4 based on the accusers' accounts - but not at level of a rapist - so didn't think he would get a career-altering penalty at that time).    I think it's more than 50/50 he loses all guarantees this time, especially if there's video that even simply confirms the plaintiff & he did meet up.  Again, it's not the courts, but the league's burden, that has to be met.  And we know they're far from the same.

The NFL doesn't get to decide lol. An independent arbitrator the NFL and NFLPA agrees on gets to decide if the NFL even wants to dig up the corpse of this story since this would immediately go to court since the NFLPA would view this as a breach of their prior settlement , likely they'll just "investigate" and let Watson settle in civil court and let it go unless there's evidence compelling enough to get more media attention on this.

Whoever her lawyer is, is doing this to get media attention to get Watson to settle or force his lawyers to the table to settle etc. 

Watson's beyond a reprehensible human being but at this point the only thing that takes him down is a criminal conviction and despite attempts nothing has risen to that level. Unless there's newer more recent incidents that haven't come out yet he'll come out scot free. 

Worst case he has enough money to feed his lawyers to keep him out of any real harm.

It's the courts that the NFLPA would hash out the settlement with the NFL through not the NFL's vague personal conduct policy which would only apply to a new offense. 

tldr; Deshaun watson should be in jail and until there's new incidents post his "rehab" phase he'll continue to skate unless there's damning evidence to force the media or the NFL/Legal systems hand.