Browns QB Deshaun Watson Has New Charges Brought From Alleged Oct. 2020 Assault

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel like the Browns need to suffer some here. From what we know they said they did their homework to know what was going on, and clearly they did not. On top of that, they made a mockery IMO of the process of being ruled out, then just offering what they did. Based on the reporting at the time it really comes off like he only went to Cleveland because they fully guaranteed the contract.

On top of that, I feel dirty from they way that Cleveland manipulated the contract that first year to pay him the full value and make his base salary minimal to mitigate the impact of the suspension to add to the enticement of coming there. So I feel even less bad for them on that front. They basically bent over backwards to make it completely that Watson disregarded all the situational aspect to almost be tested to say no to the trade.

Lastly if anything comes from this, just ban Watson from the NFL. Fine him $30M. Fine the Browns, make them take the hit of Watsons contract, dock them a pick. On top of that I would suspend Andrew Berry 1 year as well as something for Kevin Stefanski for continually saying through all of the saga that they did their research, they knew the story, they knew that was the end of it, and they were comfortable there was no more accusations out there.

I am sure it was their owner who make this move

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel like the Browns need to suffer some here. From what we know they said they did their homework to know what was going on, and clearly they did not. On top of that, they made a mockery IMO of the process of being ruled out, then just offering what they did. Based on the reporting at the time it really comes off like he only went to Cleveland because they fully guaranteed the contract.

On top of that, I feel dirty from they way that Cleveland manipulated the contract that first year to pay him the full value and make his base salary minimal to mitigate the impact of the suspension to add to the enticement of coming there. So I feel even less bad for them on that front. They basically bent over backwards to make it completely that Watson disregarded all the situational aspect to almost be tested to say no to the trade.

Lastly if anything comes from this, just ban Watson from the NFL. Fine him $30M. Fine the Browns, make them take the hit of Watsons contract, dock them a pick. On top of that I would suspend Andrew Berry 1 year as well as something for Kevin Stefanski for continually saying through all of the saga that they did their research, they knew the story, they knew that was the end of it, and they were comfortable there was no more accusations out there.

I think the NFL is ultimately culpable of deeming him fit to go back to the league. The Browns are downright stupid for the trade and I have been very clear about that but I don’t know how an organization is ultimately the accountable party over the entity itself. Either way, I couldn’t care less, I just want this dude gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

This is just silly.

• Like 1

There is only one punishment that can absolve cleveland of sin. We must establish a new AFC north team in Columbus Ohio, give them the browns roster and kill the browns for 3 years only for them to be re-surrected from the grave with a complete roster reset, new ownership, etc. 

Realistically all the punishments have been doled out by the league and unless there's something we don't know about In watson's contract or restructure, he's stuck with the browns for the next 3 seasons. Gonna die of laughter if he somehow has a good year, gets an extension and goes back to sucking. 

Cleveland deserves to be cursed in where they have a bad football team, not in the way they literally don't want to root for their team because their QB is a massive waste of human DNA. 

The owners won't let the league give the browns a free out on this.  That contract set the league upside down and now look at where we are with long term guaranteed deals.  The cap space lost should be punishment enough for the team, and Watson should be given a three year ban, coinciding with the remaining years left.  The only break the league could give is extending out the huge cap hit over the remaining three years of the deal.  Otherwise, teams will be lining up to take players in trades to get them under the cap.  myles garrett would look great playing on the other side of the state, but I digress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

There is only one punishment that can absolve cleveland of sin. We must establish a new AFC north team in Columbus Ohio, give them the browns roster and kill the browns for 3 years only for them to be re-surrected from the grave with a complete roster reset, new ownership, etc. 

Realistically all the punishments have been doled out by the league and unless there's something we don't know about In watson's contract or restructure, he's stuck with the browns for the next 3 seasons. Gonna die of laughter if he somehow has a good year, gets an extension and goes back to sucking. 

Cleveland deserves to be cursed in where they have a bad football team, not in the way they literally don't want to root for their team because their QB is a massive waste of human DNA. 

This is really funny coming from a Baltimore fan. In numerous ways.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

The owners won't let the league give the browns a free out on this.  That contract set the league upside down and now look at where we are with long term guaranteed deals.  The cap space lost should be punishment enough for the team, and Watson should be given a three year ban, coinciding with the remaining years left.  The only break the league could give is extending out the huge cap hit over the remaining three years of the deal.  Otherwise, teams will be lining up to take players in trades to get them under the cap.  myles garrett would look great playing on the other side of the state, but I digress.

What? No it hasn't.

I get that these goofy takes are coming from fans of rival teams, but come on now.

If Cleveland deserves blame, and they do, then so does the league itself. Everyone's been happy to sweep it all under the rug when Watson's name is brought up, it's only about how far the Browns will go in the playoffs.

Having said that, what will happen now is that Watson will get the whole thing dropped on him, his contract will be voided, and he will be a pariah for a while. No one will touch him for at least two years. Then some desperate team will give him a shot again.

Edited by Superduperman

Anyone who thinks the Browns should be punished for something that the NFL allowed is being silly. The NFL allowed him to continue his career, the NFL allowed the Texans to trade him. Whether he went to Cleveland, Atlanta or wherever all of his bad deeds done during the pandemic as a Texan weren't on the new team's watch. Terrible idea to bring a sexual predator in to be the face of your franchise? I think so, 100%. Something that you can be punished for if the NFL activated the player and gave him a slap on the wrist for his dirty deeds? No, but perhaps the NFL should be punished for allowing someone who settled dozens of civil cases for sexual misconduct back into the league. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

If Cleveland deserves blame, and they do, then so does the league itself. Everyone's been happy to sweep it all under the rug when Watson's name is brought up, it's only about how far the Browns will go in the playoffs.

Having said that, what will happen now is that Watson will get the whole thing dropped on him, his contract will be voided, and he will be a pariah for a while. No one will touch him for at least two years. Then some desperate team will give him a shot again.

I hope you're right!

29 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I'd like to add to this thread that I have a great appreciation for so many brown fans are coming in and speaking out against both Watson AND the Browns in this situation

I've noticed Brown fans have been mostly against this watson thing since the start.

• Like 8