BDL 2024 Week 2: Quebec Nordiques @ New Orleans Jazz

RedGold

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Quebec Nordiques
    • New Orleans Jazz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2024 at 04:01 AM

I think both gameplans are reasonable and aim to address the specific strengths of the opposition. I don't see any glaring oversights or tactical errors.

Two strong defenses, with perhaps a narrow edge leaning towards Quebec (although White isn't the impact performer he once was, and a White-BTJ match-up leans heavily towards the receiver). On offense, I think Allen and Jacobs are just too dangerous duo, and Moore and Rice give Allen dynamic weapons in the passing game. The White-BTJ only helps.

I'll take New Orleans in a comfortable 27-17 victory.

23 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think both gameplans are reasonable and aim to address the specific strengths of the opposition. I don't see any glaring oversights or tactical errors.

Two strong defenses, with perhaps a narrow edge leaning towards Quebec (although White isn't the impact performer he once was, and a White-BTJ match-up leans heavily towards the receiver). On offense, I think Allen and Jacobs are just too dangerous duo, and Moore and Rice give Allen dynamic weapons in the passing game. The White-BTJ only helps.

I'll take New Orleans in a comfortable 27-17 victory.

After much debate this is where I kind of settled. Said it very well. 

I’m voting the Jazz in this match up. Both teams are close but after reading the game plans, Quebec not having Brown takes away a big part of their offense.

In Quebecs games plan they say: 

We expect Derwin to play closer the LoS. In 2nd or 3rd  and manageable distance situations we can be a bit bolder and use play action to use our deep threats down the field. Collins and Brown are obviously our main guys there

And Lancaster counters it very nicely and even is prepared if Brown doesn’t play:

James being given more of a roaming role, but with a focus on also playing somewhat deeper and to help limit the intermediate passing game. We also want to wait and see AJ Brown’s condition. If he’s looking healthy, we’ll keep this as is, but if Brown is out or in any way limited, we’ll be putting some more focus on stopping Kupp and putting some doubles his way.

Brown is out and Kupp is being doubled now. I think this enough for the Jazz to win 

Both game plans are solid and I think the difference mainly is that White and Sneed are both struggling out of the gates to start the year and the Brown injury stings some in what they wanted to do.  Jazz take the friendship bowl off a couple long bombs.  

New Orleans 27-20

In this matchup, Quebec is focusing on a balanced offensive approach, utilizing an outside running game with Joe Mixon and quick passes, especially targeting New Orleans' aging linebackers. They plan to mix in play-action for deep shots and have a detailed pass protection strategy to handle New Orleans' strong defensive line. On defense, Quebec will focus on containing Josh Allen by keeping him in the pocket and using a spy to limit his running.

New Orleans, meanwhile, is leaning on a ball-control offense with heavy doses of Derrick Henry and Josh Jacobs running between the tackles, taking advantage of Quebec's weaker interior DL. They aim to stretch the field with DJ Moore and deep threats like Thomas Jr., while using rub routes and creative plays to keep Quebec's defense off balance. Defensively, New Orleans plans to blitz Kirk Cousins heavily and rotate their defensive line to stay fresh while focusing on taking away deep passes.

Prediction: New Orleans may have a slight edge due to their aggressive blitzing against Cousins and their ability to control the clock with their strong running game. However, Quebec's balanced attack and strong defensive focus on containing Josh Allen could keep it close. New Orleans wins by a narrow margin.

20 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Both game plans are solid and I think the difference mainly is that White and Sneed are both struggling out of the gates to start the year and the Brown injury stings some in what they wanted to do.  Jazz take the friendship bowl off a couple long bombs.  

New Orleans 27-20

Sneed has allowed 5 catches and 65 yards in 2 games. He's fine.

White on the other end ... 

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1