Brett Favre reveals he has Parkinson’s

Soko

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Separate from anything else, it is a very, very bad look for the NFL than an inner-circle Hall of Fame QB has a degenerative nerve condition.

I hope he responds well to treatment, has a long and healthy life, and can make amends.

Shocked that the poster child for the NFL Ironman guy from a previous era who had an addiction to pain killers could be in this position.

And yes, absolutely wishing him the best.

But can we mention why he was testifying in front of congress? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brett-favre-mississippi-pharmaceutical-company-prevacus-state-welfare-funds/

He literally invested welfare money in a for profit "concussion treatment" nasal spray.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2024/07/26/prevacus-ceo-jacob-vanlandingham-pleads-guilty-to-wire-fraud/74544821007/

That being said best of luck cause early onset Parkinson's is a hell of a thing to deal with.

• Like 4

Context is important. He said this to elicit sympathy while in a courtroom, testifying at a House hearing on welfare reform because he stole millions of dollars in welfare from the people of Mississippi.

Parkinsons and CTE are both awful diseases. I have no sympathy for Brett Favre the person, though.

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Who had anything against the Patriots in 1996?

Ehhhhhhh not the biggest fan of the the patriots in the 90s and ownership wasn't exactly the smartest bunch of woodpeckers.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-02-06-sp-914-story.html

To the people who don't remember the 90s. Imagine Bill Clinton calling Monica a "classic b****" in a patriots jersey.

Staying on topic, Parkinson's is a terrible disease (condition?) and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. May Brett favre be one of the first to start donating to parkinson's research cause lord that **** is more underfunded than the Welfare department in Mississippi. 

Sad news.

To me, Brett Favre is a great example to counter the claim that QBs need to be smart to be great. If Brett Favre can be a top-10 all time QB, then there are no lower limits on intelligence for the QB position.

And I'm not saying anything about him as a person or whatever, I haven't looked at those cases closely.