Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Jennings was out today as well. Today was a day that Kittle needed to have a monster game.

The few times I've seen Purdy play this year, he has not looked very good. Nowhere near the guy who played the past two years. 

Went and checked his stats and it checks out. 

season Team
SFSF
SFSF
SFSF
Career  

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG QBR
9 114 170 67.1 1,374 8.1 13 4 54 11 107.3 67.5
16 308 444 69.4 4,280 9.6 31 11 76 28 113.0 73.4
7 138 216 63.9 1,841 8.5 9 7 76 13 91.2 61.1
31 543 799 68.0 7,283 9.1 53 19 76 51 108.9 -
Edited by Old Guy

There's a difference between arm talent and arm strength.

Love might not have the top end bazooka but he has top end arm talent, thats obvious and has been since college.

He made some high end throws today against a defense that was playing well and his performance was still a net positive despite the INTs.

That being said, the defense was the reason the packers won today.

But I do think too much is being made about Love's INTs and his performance in general.

I am not sure what people expect but just look around the league.

Mahomes might be performing at a top 20 clip for the season?

Purdy threw 3 picks today?

How did Stroud look today, I forgot.

Love is never going to put up numbers like the old guy did but hes performing above average and the packers are 5-2 heading into a really winnable game against a mediocre Jaguars squad.

Anyone who wants to chase elite QB efficiency metrics and regular season accolades, thats cool and im sure it can be indicative of a some level of team success but its not a prerequisite to contend.

Winning games is what is required and the Packers are doing that.

• Like 3

Lots of interesting viewpoints on our QB, punter, field goal kicker, and DB's. But I think we can't overlook the important contribution that Romeo Doubs made to this game. He corralled several passes that we tough catches throughout the game. And that last catch just before our winning field goal was beautiful. Just my opinion, but I thought Doubs should have been a candidate for a game ball, too. Nice to see him step up after the no-show at practice incident.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Lots of interesting viewpoints on our QB, punter, field goal kicker, and DB's. But I think we can't overlook the important contribution that Romeo Doubs made to this game. He corralled several passes that we tough catches throughout the game. And that last catch just before our winning field goal was beautiful. Just my opinion, but I thought Doubs should have been a candidate for a game ball, too. Nice to see him step up after the no-show at practice incident.

Yes, you are right.

Throw to Doubs, good things happen. He is Love’s security blanket. 

1 hour ago, PackersGarfield said:

Love is never going to put up numbers like the old guy did

Do you mean Rodgers?

I bet Love is going to put up even larger numbers. He's less cautious than Aaron. 

Aarons efficiency stats in 2011 are going to be tough to repeat, but Love lets it fly and has a cast of young talent around him. No reason to think he won't be putting up eye popping numbers. He already has.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Do you mean Rodgers?

I bet Love is going to put up even larger numbers. He's less cautious than Aaron. 

Aarons efficiency stats in 2011 are going to be tough to repeat, but Love lets it fly and has a cast of young talent around him. No reason to think he won't be putting up eye popping numbers. He already has.

Thats right

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

So what’s to say he won’t? I appreciate your critical approach, but it’s hard to put it all on Love when the line struggled with wide pressures and penalties, and the receivers consistently were dropping catchable balls. Sure, he’s making what seems like stupid throws, but how many QBs in this league can even reasonably attempt those. I’d rather he did now, get his offense confident, and continue to take the chances because he can. If we lose, we lose, but it’s not for the lack of trying.  I’m ok with it.

Nothing is to say he won’t. I’m just saying it’s a development we still need to see. He seemingly has all the tools, he just needs to work on some things. I don’t understand why that’s a controversial take or seems like a knock to people. He’s only been the starter for a year and a half. He’s not a finished product.

And I’m not putting “everything” on Love or saying he’s solely to blame with any team failings. I’m just focusing on what he can control

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd recommend the QB School to you. JT will highlight how Love routinely makes the difficult look routine. Can see why he doesn't get his due always.

I’ve watched some breakdowns. He has elite tools and makes plenty of “wow” plays. He can be a top level player in the league. But he also has some bad habits that he needs to work out if he’s going to reach that level.

His highlights are great, but he needs to get more consistent if he’s gonna get to the top echelon.

i promise you guys nothing I’m saying is all that inflammatory or revelatory outside of corners of rabid Packer fandom

I am kind of surprised at the negativity and disappointment with this win.  The Texans are a first place team, and at least coming in to the game, were the number 2 seed in the AFC.  We topped their average PPG, passing yards per game, held them to way below their average yards per game, and below their average points per game.  It wasn't a perfect game.  But this is not a team that we were ever going to steamroll.  

are-you-not-entertained.gif

• Like 14

2 hours ago, PackersGarfield said:

There's a difference between arm talent and arm strength.

Love might not have the top end bazooka but he has top end arm talent, thats obvious and has been since college.

I tend to agree with this. People might vary in their definition of arm talent, but yeah I think of it more as an all encompassing “thrower of the football”.

i also think “arm strength” can be a bit nebulous because it can be broken up in two ways: how strong is JUST your arm at throwing. When you’re on the move out off platform or falling or on your heel, does just your arm have enough strength to fire the ball through a closing window downfield. The other way to think about it is, how hard/far can you throw the ball overall. NFL skills competition style. Crow hop, set your feet, wind up, torque the body for a full throw and follow through.

i don’t think Love is elite level at the former, but I think he can be (and there are examples), of him being elite at the latter. I think his ball placement is extremely high level too.