Landon Collins calls Eli Apple a "cancer"

Oregon Ducks

4 hours ago, Gmen said:

I thought he had a decent rookie season.  He even started from day one.  Amazing how quickly things went down hill with this guy.   But this entire fiasco just goes to show the Giants have no real leadership at any level on that team.   They need to rebuild from scratch.  These are the only players worth keeping, in no order.

• Odell Beckham
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Evan Engram
  • Ereck Flowers
  • Snacks Harrison
  • Dalvin Tomlinson
  • Olivier Vernon
  • Janoris Jenkins
  • Landon Collins
  • Devon Kennard
  • BJ Goodson
  • Wayne Gallman

Then we only need 41 new players to fill out the roster

41 players to make a roster.

We had a similar situation to this when Marc Trestman and Phil Emery were fired in Chicago. The main was the names you have listed are talented. We had maybe 2-3 names of people who needed to stay. Ugh. Glad things are in the upswing, especially when Fox hits the bricks.

17 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Or you just have bad human beings who are seeing dollar signs from a relative and want to get a piece of that pie.

You don't see this sort of thing happening with the Mannings or the Watts.

Such a stupid comparison. This isn't about a player that comes from a "football family" this is about a player with an overbearing parent.

Plus, you forget the fiasco with silver-spoon-fed Eli when he cried about being selected to play in San Diego.

12 hours ago, bzane said:

Also a rumor afloat that offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan called over to guard Damien Mama, wanting him to get some reps: "Yo, Mama!"

Eli Apple flew into a rage, thinking his mother had been insulted.

Can't tell if this is a joke added to the end of the article.. if true, he's got some serious issues.

122214-004-E79CBE95.jpg

18 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Can't tell if this is a joke added to the end of the article.. if true, he's got some serious issues.

122214-004-E79CBE95.jpg

Yes, it is. I added that last part myself. I neglected to offset the quoted article sufficiently to differentiate it from the "Yo, Mama!" line that popped up in my fevered brain. Sorry about that.

I love Landon Collins, but these comments really do hurt the Giants. Yeah I believe him that Apple is a douchenozzle, but think of it from a Giants perspective: Let's say it's true and they want to trade him. Now they're attempting to trade a guy who has been labeled a "cancer." Nobody's going to want to trade for cancer, would they? Especially when he hasn't even been that good. Apple is more than likely to be cut rather than traded now.

That being said, screw guys like Eli Apple that phone it in like he apparently has. That's trash and I'm glad he got exposed for it, regardless of how it hurt the NYG organization.

Collins said it. And he meant it. And from the sounds of it, he was the guy to finally say what all the other teammates were thinking.

From what I read, it sounds like the press was asking Collins some questions about Apple and Collins was defending the kid. He was like, "Hey, I have talked to the kid. He told me there are some personal issues he is working through. I am just here to support him as he works through it all."

To which Apple basically called him a liar and said the two had never discussed anything.

I wouldnt like being called a liar to the world by some little jerk I was trying to help and trying to defend. I would put him on blast as well. Maybe he will learn how the real world works. Im not your momma. Im not going to hug you every time you throw a temper tantrum.

On 27/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, Gmen said:

I thought he had a decent rookie season.  He even started from day one.  Amazing how quickly things went down hill with this guy.   But this entire fiasco just goes to show the Giants have no real leadership at any level on that team.   They need to rebuild from scratch.  These are the only players worth keeping, in no order.

• Odell Beckham
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Evan Engram
  • Ereck Flowers
  • Snacks Harrison
  • Dalvin Tomlinson
  • Olivier Vernon
  • Janoris Jenkins
  • Landon Collins
  • Devon Kennard
  • BJ Goodson
  • Wayne Gallman

Then we only need 41 new players to fill out the roster

Don’t know if your serious or not, but this is funny. Not how rebuilds work. 

And I hate that leadership nonsense. Because for one it implies that the “culture” and “lack of leadership” creates the losing when it actual fact it’s just the losing. Secondly if one player is acting out and is not acknowledging the support then that’s not on the so called leaders. That’s on the player himself and given the issues he is going through then to say this an indictment against leadership is lazy and feeds to thst silly mythology thst fans feed into 

Whoever comes in for the Giants needs to overhaul that secondary. I don't care how much talent there is, see what you can get for the CBs and get rid of the conflict. Locker room tension has hurt this team more than these DBs have helped. I'd keep Collins, as he's an explosive center fielder, but I think you have to be willing to deal or cut Apple, Jenkins, etc. Jenkins is a good CB but can get burned. Free agency will have options. Malcolm Butler comes from a winning culture and doesn't have an outlandish ego, so he'd be a good add. Plus, he's one of the only CBs who gives Odell Beckham trouble, so Odell wouldn't have to play him ever. Trumaine Johnson and Vontae Davis could also be available. I'd suggest Sherman if the Seahawks get rid of him, but he's another big personality that the locker room doesn't need.

On 12/28/2017 at 10:25 PM, Non-Issue said:

Collins said it. And he meant it. And from the sounds of it, he was the guy to finally say what all the other teammates were thinking.

From what I read, it sounds like the press was asking Collins some questions about Apple and Collins was defending the kid. He was like, "Hey, I have talked to the kid. He told me there are some personal issues he is working through. I am just here to support him as he works through it all."

To which Apple basically called him a liar and said the two had never discussed anything.

I wouldnt like being called a liar to the world by some little jerk I was trying to help and trying to defend. I would put him on blast as well. Maybe he will learn how the real world works. Im not your momma. Im not going to hug you every time you throw a temper tantrum.

Exactly. Collins did everything right, until Apple stopped even pretending to be a professional and became a bratty little kid. Then Collins had had enough and put it out there publicly. It wasn't the greatest thing to do, but everyone already knew he was a problem. He was tweeting on the sidelines a few weeks ago. He phoned it in as hard as I've seen a player phone it in. Collins meanwhile probably would have played with a broken forearm in a meaningless week 17 game if the medical staff let him. Couldnt be more different players. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Exactly. Collins did everything right, until Apple stopped even pretending to be a professional and became a bratty little kid. Then Collins had had enough and put it out there publicly. It wasn't the greatest thing to do, but everyone already knew he was a problem. He was tweeting on the sidelines a few weeks ago. He phoned it in as hard as I've seen a player phone it in. Collins meanwhile probably would have played with a broken forearm in a meaningless week 17 game if the medical staff let him. Couldnt be more different players. 

I dont think anybody is saying Collins angle and POV was right, it still doesn’t make what he did right. As a leader, you don’t do that regardless. It’s one thing to for reporters to break that news but it’s an entirely different to volunteer it. He’s wrong. Apple is also in the wrong because he looks like he is lashing out and is behaving uncharacteristically. 

Archived