Spriggs

Pugger

9 hours ago, Pugger said:

I see Spriggs was put on IR today and a TE from the PS was activated.  Was there any word the extent of Jason's knee injury?

No, other than MM saying they weren't done yet, but that it didn't look good. 

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

If we assume it's an ACL is he out all of next year ?

It would depend on what type of acl tear... if it's a minor acl tear, then maybe not... but if major then yes. Not sure about medium.

I think we need to assume that Bulaga and Spriggs MIGHT start next year on the PUP list... and if they're able to get fully healthy by years end is anyone's guess. So in my mind OT just became a lot bigger offseason need... thoughif they may choose to just fill from FA, but they NE ED more healthy depth than just Bak and Murphy.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

So in my mind OT just became a lot bigger offseason need...

I don't think you take a right tackle early in the draft when Spriggs and Bakhtiari project to be your future there.  We're probably going to do the same thing we did with Lang/Sitton/College and every other "guard" we ever drafted and draft a college tackle that projects to being a guard in the NFL.  They'll be able to survive until Bulaga/Spriggs are healthy enough to come back next season. 

11 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Kyle Murphy was looking solid too, so even if Bulaga and Spriggs aren't ready right away, it's not panic mode. Obviously depth is always a concern but thats down the list from pass rusher, wr, and cb.

Totally forgot about him

I know some of you gave me sh_t, on my mock drafts for taking an OL, whether G or T in round #1.  Protecting #12 is job 1.  With that said,  unless a stud rush LB is there, trade down and use a top pick on OL.  Top pick, meaning within the first three rounds.  Murphy is fine, but not long term solution.  

12 minutes ago, jleisher said:

I know some of you gave me sh_t, on my mock drafts for taking an OL, whether G or T in round #1.  Protecting #12 is job 1.  With that said,  unless a stud rush LB is there, trade down and use a top pick on OL.  Top pick, meaning within the first three rounds.  Murphy is fine, but not long term solution.  

I still don't want an Olineman in round one ... Ted Thompson has a great track record of getting top Oline talent in the middle rounds.  Bakh, Sitton, Lang, etc .. pro bowl level players.  I think the Packers will probably stick to that thought process and add a lineman in the middle rounds once again.

dont forget about McCray either... hes literally played every position this regular season outside of C (which he got a bunch of reps in camp/PS), & has done it pretty admirably as well. he could be a really nice swing piece that tretter was for us for that short stretch he was healthy

Options at RT some  have been mentioned already

Murphy

McCray

mid round pick

cheaper veteran FA

I think the likely planning goes something like Bulaga and Spriggs starting the 2018 TC and possible season on PUP.  Certainly they will be out or very limited in OTA throughout the spring and summer, so Murphy and McCray will have opportunities to work with the 1st unit OL.

The left side of the OL is set with Bahk and Taylor.....the OC and right side of the OL is anyones guess at this point.  With the importance of continuity, seems like resigning Linsley might be that much more important.

37 minutes ago, jleisher said:

G or backup OT is crap value. There are many more pressing needs like olb, cb, and WR where there aren't even bodies on the roster, injured or otherwise. OL is realatively deep. We don't need a starting OT, and unless a G is a generational talent, just no. Not that high.

Also, screw trading back. Finally a high pick, really need to hit here.

yeah I am actually pretty comfortable with our OL. Bakh and Bulaga will start next year, Spriggs will start on the PUP but Murphy and McCray will be swingers. I imagine we keep Linsley as he has played himself out of a big contract, but he is still good enough to start. Evans has another year left, and Taylor is there. I feel comfortable with those 7

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I still don't want an Olineman in round one ... Ted Thompson has a great track record of getting top Oline talent in the middle rounds.  Bakh, Sitton, Lang, etc .. pro bowl level players.  I think the Packers will probably stick to that thought process and add a lineman in the middle rounds once again.

Agreed. Wide Receivers in Round 2 and OLine in Rounds 4 and 5 are what TT is best at.

Trade our 1st rounder for a 2nd and as many 4ths as we can get hold of and we should have these positions sorted.

Archived