2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

Rosen

Mayfield

Darnold

Jackson

Allen

That's how I have them ranked.  Really love what Mayfield did last night against Georgia.  He moves in the pocket really well, has a strong arm, is really accurate, goes through progressions pretty well and throws on the run with great touch.  There's a ton to like about his game outside of his height.  I think there is a really good chance that we are drafting Mayfield at #6 next year.  Crazy thing is a see a lot of similarities to Watson last year.  Knows how to win, leader of men type, smart, not the biggest or strongest arm, questions on how he'll transition to the NFL.  I'd be really happy with him if we went in that direction at 6.  I think he can be the QB we so desperately need.

37 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Rosen

Mayfield

Darnold

Jackson/Allen

That's how I have them ranked.  Really love what Mayfield did last night against Georgia.  He moves in the pocket really well, has a strong arm, is really accurate, goes through progressions pretty well and throws on the run with great touch.  There's a ton to like about his game outside of his height.  I think there is a really good chance that we are drafting Mayfield at #6 next year.  Crazy thing is a see a lot of similarities to Watson last year.  Knows how to win, leader of men type, smart, not the biggest or strongest arm, questions on how he'll transition to the NFL.  I'd be really happy with him if we went in that direction at 6.  I think he can be the QB we so desperately need.

I like you. Outside of Allen, who I have under Jackson, my list is exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Rosen

Mayfield

Darnold

Jackson/Allen

Agreed. In fact i think Mayfield may be #1 at this point. If he had even another 1 or 2 theres no doubt hes the number 1 QB. 

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I would move ASAP and find a trade into the top 3. 

Call up Indy and try to get that pick sooner rather than later. 

Gotta wait until January 15th unless you are okay with the potential of landing Allen. I don't want to move up to 3 until I know if Darnold is coming out. Even then I'd rather let the chips fall in FA because if Cousins or Alex Smith goes to the Browns I'd rather try to trade up to #1.

I’m not a fan of making a trade early in the process. There’s risk involved. For instance... let’s say we trade up for Rosen in a month. But then 2 weeks before the draft he hits a girl and it’s on video. Now your stuck with the pick. Wait until t draft day or a couple days before.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not a fan of making a trade early in the process. There’s risk involved. For instance... let’s say we trade up for Rosen in a month. But then 2 weeks before the draft he hits a girl and it’s on video. Now your stuck with the pick. Wait until t draft day or a couple days before.

Last few trades ups into the top 2 happened early on. 

I rather ya not sit on our hands waiting. Now of course Indy probably waits it out for the best offer if they even do move out of the spot

#6 has to been good to us tho. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Last few trades ups into the top 2 happened early on. 

I rather ya not sit on our hands waiting. Now of course Indy probably waits it out for the best offer if they even do move out of the spot

#6 has to been good to us tho. 

Not that early.  Philly traded up to 2 a few days before the draft.

Still stuck between trading up to draft a top QB or signing Cousins. I will probably need to see some mocks to help decide. I'm leaning towards Cousins because we still might have around $60M in space + all our picks to build around. Trading up for a QB will allow us to use $80M & we'll still have some good picks to work with.

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Still stuck between trading up to draft a top QB or signing Cousins. I will probably need to see some mocks to help decide. I'm leaning towards Cousins because we still might have around $60M in space + all our picks to build around. Trading up for a QB will allow us to use $80M & we'll still have some good picks to work with.

Not really. We’d have to give up a 2nd this year (probably our 1st one) and next years 1st to move up. For me it’s no question that getting Cousins should be plan A. Then think about a trade up if we really like a guy. If we don’t stay out and let the draft fall to us. I don’t see 4 QBs going 1-5. So a QB will be available.

Archived