2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Rich51 said:

He’s bigger (and imo, better playing a similar style) than Taylor.  Rosen has missed more time due to injury than Jackson.

Yea that's true, I'm not very high on Rosen but I think he can throw from the pocket where I'm not real sure Jackson can do that. We haven't really seen a Running QB last a long time in this league.

9 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Yea that's true, I'm not very high on Rosen but I think he can throw from the pocket where I'm not real sure Jackson can do that. We haven't really seen a Running QB last a long time in this league.

What should be added which is hard to predict on why Taylor has success in the NFL, is he very rarely turns the ball over. Only 4 INTs this year. We can’t predict that’s ity Jackson, so really all they have in common is that they can run. Bc if Taylor turned the ball over at an average rate he might not be starting. He starts bc if his call security and not costing his team games.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

What should be added which is hard to predict on why Taylor has success in the NFL, is he very rarely turns the ball over. Only 4 INTs this year. We can’t predict that’s ity Jackson, so really all they have in common is that they can run. Bc if Taylor turned the ball over at an average rate he might not be starting. He starts bc if his call security and not costing his team games.

If Jackson is viewed as Tyrod Taylor then I want no part of him. Tyrod is missing wide open receivers and exposing himself to huge shots.

4 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

If Jackson is viewed as Tyrod Taylor then I want no part of him. Tyrod is missing wide open receivers and exposing himself to huge shots.

I have not heard / read that comparison by any reporter or scouting service.  I would buy a Mike Vick comparison, but not Taylor.  Jackson has much more upside and talent then Taylor. 

Rarely like mocks for us, but Walter Football's mock so far for us is surprisingly good.

1) Mayfield

2a) Guice

2b) Mike Hughes, CB

3) Tyquan Lewis, edge, OSU-Not a big fan here, but could be a nice role player who gets effort sacks

4) Andrew Brown, DL, Virginia (potential Mo replacement)

12 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I have not heard / read that comparison by any reporter or scouting service.  I would buy a Mike Vick comparison, but not Taylor.  Jackson has much more upside and talent then Taylor. 

I was just comparing styles based on @rdelaney89 ‘s concern for injuries. I agree Jackson is a better player and should improve with experience. He has a much better arm and is accurate on short and intermediate throws.

So my big board as of now is this.

If we sign Cousins

1. Barkley 

2. Chubb

3. Nelson

4. McGlinchey

5. Fitzpatrick

If we don’t get a QB in FA

1. Rosen

2. Barkely

3. Darnold

4. Chubb

5. Nelson

6. McGlinchey

7. Mayfield

8. Jackson

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we sign Cousins

1. Barkley 

2. Chubb

3. Nelson

4. McGlinchey

5. Fitzpatrick

1. Rosen

2. Barkely

3. Darnold

4. Chubb

5. Nelson

6. McGlinchey

7. Mayfield

8. Jackson

That is great I like it, but all those moves are easer said than done.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

So is there any realistic/plausible scenario anyone can see happening where one of Darnold or Rosen slips to 6?

I don't think so. Even if one slips I think a team trades up to get one of them before 6. But I see them both going in the top 3.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:40 AM, Bobby816 said:

If we sign Cousins

1. Barkley 

2. Chubb

3. Nelson

4. McGlinchey

5. Fitzpatrick

1. Rosen

2. Barkely

3. Darnold

4. Chubb

5. Nelson

6. McGlinchey

7. Mayfield

8. Jackson

If the Jets get Cousins, I'm liking the idea of going Fitzpatrick with the 6th. We can have him play the slot and have a similar role to Tyrann Mathieu. Jets can than mostly play 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 Nickel Defense. If we can also get an edge and an outside CB, our defense could be the real deal. Fitzpatrick can cover the slot, play the run like a LB, and blitz. Todd Bowles can literally have a field day since Fitzpatrick, Lee, Davis, and Adams are all good blitzers. 

The big question is which star player in the draft is likely to drop to the Jets #6 pick. We all know what happen when Adams &  Williams dropped to us, we took them. This question is only if we don't sign Cousins or trade up in the draft. and we still have the #6 pick on draft day. Not saying we will pick that player, but who do you think will drop to us.

My guess is Mayfield

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The big question is which star player in the draft is likely to drop to the Jets #6 pick. We all know what happen when Adams &  Williams dropped to us, we took them. This question is only if we don't sign Cousins or trade up in the draft. and we still have the #6 pick on draft day. Not saying we will pick that player, but who do you think will drop to us.

My guess is Mayfield

Minkah Fitzpatrick.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

My guess is Mayfield

IMO no order

Darnold

Rosen

Chubb

best OT

Barkley

Mayfield

Whoever is left over of the 6. Hopefully someone reaches like Tennessee did last year possibly for Josh Allen.

But as far as it stands now taking need into consideration we need to come away with one of those 6.

Archived