The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If the stupid card hadn't cancelled out the other card, we would have ended up with a result I like less. I'm good with it.

Just because you personally don’t like the scoring system that the fighters agreed to fight under doesn’t mean we manipulate cards so we get the result we want in spite of the scoring system.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Just because you personally don’t like the scoring system that the fighters agreed to fight under doesn’t mean we manipulate cards so we get the result we want in spite of the scoring system.

Bruh, I'm not the one complaining about the system. xD

What a great fight, ruined by another example of why you should never fight an American in the US.

Wilder will only remain undefeated for as long as he continues to hide in the US, rather than fight somewhere where there’s the risk of a credible decision.

He’ll be digging out his passport if he wants to fight AJ or have a rematch against Fury.

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

What a great fight, ruined by another example of why you should never fight an American in the US.

Wilder will only remain undefeated for as long as he continues to hide in the US, rather than fight somewhere where there’s the risk of a credible decision.

He’ll be digging out his passport if he wants to fight AJ or have a rematch against Fury.

The British judge is the one who made the call. He called it a draw. I guess we better watch him to make sure he doesn't have some secret deal to become an American citizen. xD

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The British judge is the one who made the call. He called it a draw. I guess we better watch him to make sure he doesn't have some secret deal to become an American citizen. xD

Nah, Edwards is a well known incompetent who is out his depth at this level. Scoring that fight a draw was bad enough, but Rochin’s scorecard defies belief.

Funnily enough, Rochin is the only judge who lives in the US. You might be on to something with your outlandish claims, because it’s pretty unbelievable that someone at that level could be so obviously wrong.

That said, the “local” guy always seems to get a good decision in the Staples Center. The US is worse than Germany for hometown scoring.

8 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Where should you fight an American then? There are going to be bad cards in every country. Heck, one judge had Bellew up 68-65 vs Usyk which was complete BS. 

I'm not sure the Fury rematch happens in the UK, though very possible. But I don't think Wilder has said he is opposed to fighting in the UK. If this fight does a million or close to a million buys for the rematch, then it sets to make WAY more money stateside opposed to the UK. Because even with the fight happening at 4 am in the UK, it will still do great buys there. I guess SHO could still put the fight on PPV even on a Saturday afternoon if the fight takes place in the UK? Would be interesting to see how that goes.

So if i had to guess what happens next, Joshua vs Whyte 2 in April. Wilder vs Fury 2 in May. Then winner of that fight vs Breazeale later 2019 as he is the mandatory. And then either Wilder or Fury vs Joshua in 2020. Sucks but that's what it seems like will happen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Wow, I still don't know how Fury got up. That was absolutely wild. 

I had it scored a draw so I don't have any problem with the results. Rematch needs to happen.

Stevenson/Gvozdyk was a solid fight as well.  

Speaking of Stevenson, he's in a medically induced coma. Oh man, hope he makes it through. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 1:22 AM, Buc Ball said:

none of the judges were from the US tho

also if he didn't get a knockdown in the 12th he would have lost, so they didn't try that hard to give him a win.  

also I thought the ref started the ten count late but it wasn't, he did give an extra ~8 seconds when he made him stand and walk around before starting the fight again 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 12:06 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

none of the judges were from the US tho

also if he didn't get a knockdown in the 12th he would have lost, so they didn't try that hard to give him a win.  

also I thought the ref started the ten count late but it wasn't, he did give an extra ~8 seconds when he made him stand and walk around before starting the fight again 

One judge was from the US.....And he scored it for Fury. The British judge scored it a draw and the Mexican judge scored it for Wilder.

Edit: Actually Tapper is from Canada so yeah, no American judge. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Lomachenko is amazing late in fights, dude just has another gear. But Pedraza competed fairly well with him. Just don't really see how Lomachenko beats Garcia though. He is too small and Garcia just has that fundamentally sound style to give him major fits.