incognito_man MACH I

incognito_man

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How would ya'all feel about moving a 2nd for Irving? I think I would in a heartbeat. Gives you and NFL ready player NOW at a position we currently get no pass rush from.

I probably wouldn't do it .. not sure about this guys' character.  He missed 4 games due to suspension .. seems to run hot and cold.  I'd be open to a move like this .. maybe just not for this player.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm just salivating at the thought of Rodgers having Callaway the player. I just *assume* he will put it together since I'll never know what he's like a person. Makes it more fun to hope for :)

Yup.

Giving Rodgers that kind of talent with DA on the other side and Jordy in the slot would be a recipe for a high octane offense. I wouldn't mind it. Just don't want a guy who is constantly missing several games over stupid suspensions.

I don't like the 2nd for Irving tbh, if we are extending Clay AND drafting Davenport in the 1st. Just my 2 cents. 

I would also be more comfortable swapping the Cobb and Nelson deals. Either let Nelson play out his 1 year and he retires and extend Cobb who is only 28 when the season starts, or cut Nelson. But this isn't my mock. Good job buddy

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Davenport is an interesting prospect.  Not sure I think he goes as high as you think he does incog, unless he blows up the Combine.  Really wish you saw more bend with him.  Very, very violent hands.  Bull in a China shop mentality.

he's got some wasted movement out there, needs to be refined and collect himself. If he does that, he's gonna be a stud I think.

Will be watching his COD numbers at the combine like everyone else. See if the raw tools are there, and if he was able to refine his body control while training for the combine.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he's got some wasted movement out there, needs to be refined and collect himself. If he does that, he's gonna be a stud I think.

Will be watching his COD numbers at the combine like everyone else. See if the raw tools are there, and if he was able to refine his body control while training for the combine.

I think it was Michael Strahan who said that to be an effective pass rusher you needed to have two effective pass rush moves: ability to threaten the edge and a counter-move.  And that's something I very much believe in.  If you don't have the ability to threaten off the edge, the OL is just going to anchor and it's going to be significantly more difficult to get past the OL and into the chest of the QB.  NFL OL are significantly stronger than their CFB counterpart, and while Davenport is more likely than not the best athlete on the field, I think his bull rush move is going to be less successful in the NFL if he doesn't adapt.  And that's where I wanted to see him threaten off the edge more.  It seems that most of his pass rush comes from running through the chest of the OL.  Compare him to say Harold Landry, and you're looking at two very different prospects.  In fact, I'd argue they're near polar opposites.  I'd argue that Landry goes around almost too much, while Davenport goes through too much.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

How would ya'all feel about moving a 2nd for Irving? I think I would in a heartbeat. Gives you and NFL ready player NOW at a position we currently get no pass rush from.

I don't like it.  I think he's an inside player, not an OLB or true Edge guy.  Clark and Daniels are inside.  And they recently invested in Adams....  And Lowry is flashing some talent.  I just don't see the fit, even though I think he is a very good football player.

I value that second round pick more than Irving given what we have inside right now.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't like it.  I think he's an inside player, not an OLB or true Edge guy.  Clark and Daniels are inside.  And they recently invested in Adams....  And Lowry is flashing some talent.  I just don't see the fit, even though I think he is a very good football player.

I value that second round pick more than Irving given what we have inside right now.

He's a replacement for Lowry, not Clark or Daniels. He is more of a 5 or 7 tech I think.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's a replacement for Lowry, not Clark or Daniels. He is more of a 5 or 7 tech I think.

I think Irving would be an elephant end pass rusher .. ala Peppers.  

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I think it was Michael Strahan who said that to be an effective pass rusher you needed to have two effective pass rush moves: ability to threaten the edge and a counter-move.  And that's something I very much believe in.  If you don't have the ability to threaten off the edge, the OL is just going to anchor and it's going to be significantly more difficult to get past the OL and into the chest of the QB.  NFL OL are significantly stronger than their CFB counterpart, and while Davenport is more likely than not the best athlete on the field, I think his bull rush move is going to be less successful in the NFL if he doesn't adapt.  And that's where I wanted to see him threaten off the edge more.  It seems that most of his pass rush comes from running through the chest of the OL.  Compare him to say Harold Landry, and you're looking at two very different prospects.  In fact, I'd argue they're near polar opposites.  I'd argue that Landry goes around almost too much, while Davenport goes through too much.

Rush moves come with time, I don't really judge college guys on the rush moves they use. Just what you can't teach, H/W/S, bend, explosion, conversion of speed to power, etc... If a guy has that, Trg and Moss will be able to teach him an arsenal of rush moves.

Davenport reminds me a lot of Key. Very similar builds, both could turn out to be freaks. Key has the top level production, but comes with the off-field concern as you don't know exactly why he left the team this summer. Davenport has limited top level exposure, but you shouldn't have any off-field concerns.

Would be a very interest mock Incog, totally fine using a 2nd on Irving. You're basically using two 2nd round picks on uber-talented off field question marks. Not sure that would be TT's cup of tea, if this happened it would strengthen my conspiracy that Wolf/Gutenkust are running the show with Ted as an advisor lol.

I'd be happy with this offseason; a 2nd for 24/25 YO Irving isn't an issue to me since you could still get 2 contracts out of him if he continues playing well. I've been on the Irving wagon though, anything to push Dean out of the starting line.  

The Cobb/Jordy situation is tough if Jordy is dealing with arthritis. I think you move forward with one of them and if Jordy is healthy I'd rather it was him.

Dickson I like, Norwell I don't and I haven't watched much/any Melvin.

You liked the TAMU vid? I think they're such a tough offense to grade against since they run so much option and I have no idea what the DC is trying to do to stop it. Plus UTSA's CB's are so bad every time they dropped back there was no time to get home. The guy is incredibly violent, I thought the North Texas QB was gonna tap out. Davenport is definitely the best lineman in that game. That glitch-like interception he had:D. Dangerous prospect IMO, easy to love though.

The talent that is Calloway is scary good.

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How many pass rushing reps does Lowry get a game?  When I've seen Irving rush for the Cowboys, and admittedly, that isn't all that often, but he looks to be an interior rusher, Lawrence is usually an end.  And Charlton as an end.  I do not feel that Irving is in the same class of athlete as Peppers (saw that comp here...elephant end).  I don't even think he is a Nick Perry.

While I do like that player, I do not like him as things currently are in GB.  Now, if a new DC comes in with a new scheme...then I can get on board with adding a player like him.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Irving would be an elephant end pass rusher .. ala Peppers.  

Why? He’s 6’7” - 290# that’s says DE all day. It would be nice to get something out of our DL not just the OLB. Why keep trying to put these big DL at OLB? Peppers should have been playing 3T or 5T. 

Id give up a conditional 2nd hinging on him not getting suspended again. Then it drops to a 4th tops. Doubt Dallas would do the trade for even a 2nd. Put yourself in their shoes... would you take a 2nd for him? I wouldn’t. DL that can really get after the QB are rare. 

Nice work on the mock but I’m not as high on Davenport as others. Seems like a real project and I don’t want projects in the 1st unless they’re freak athletes which he’s not. 

While I like the idea of a WR in the second I think you can do better than Calloway as well. 

Keep them coming. 

Archived